Letter Series 1
This type of reasoning questions consists of a series of letters. The letters in the series are arranged in a particular order. One or more letters would be missing from the series. You have to understand the pattern of letters and find the missing letters.
1) RQP, ONM, _, IHG, FED, find the missing letters.
The series consists of letters in reverse alphabetical order. Therefore, the missing letters are LKJ.
2) CKDL, EKFL, GKHL, _, KKLL, find the missing letters.
The second and fourth letters (K and L) in the series are static. The first and third letters are in alphabetical order starting with the letter C. So, the missing letters are IKJL.
3) Find the missing letters in the series, GAH, IBJ, KCL, MDN, _.
The middle letters in this series follow the order ABCDE. The first and third letters are in alphabetical order starting with the letter G.
4. Find the missing letters in the series, E3FG, _, E5FG, E6FG, E7FG.
The letters are the same in the series; they differ only in numbers. So, focus on the number series which is a simple series of numbers; 3, 4,5,6,7. Therefore, the missing letters are E4FG.
5) Find the missing letters in the series, BKK, DMM, FOO, _, JSS.
The first letters of the series are in an alphabetical order in which a letter is skipped between each two letters; B, D, F, H, J. The second and third letters are repeated in each segment, and they are also in alphabetical order with a skipped letter; K, M, O, Q, S. So, the missing letters are HQQ.
Letter Series 2