This type of reasoning questions consists of a definition followed by four choices. You have to choose one option that is a perfect example of the given definition.
1) It is called Restitution when you compensate someone for damaging his or her property in some way. Which of the following situations is the best example of Restitution?
Tom damaged his friend's camera when the camera was in his possession, and he agreed to pay for the repair.
2) A Guarantee is a promise or formal assurance that attests to the quality of a product. It is generally given in writing by the company or verbally by a person selling the product. It says that a product will be repaired, replaced or money will be refunded if it is not of a specified quality. Which of the following situations is the best example of the Guarantee?
In option C, John assures Peter that he is buying a quality product and the money will be refunded if the camera lacks in performance.
3) An informal gathering occurs when a group of people meets in a casual and relaxed manner. Which of the following situations is the best example of informal gathering?
In option B, on getting the good news, Peter and his colleagues decide to meet casually for a drink in the evening. The other options are talking about the formal types of gatherings.
4) Power of Attorney refers to a legal document that gives an individual authority to act for another person in specified or all financial matters. Which of the following situations is the best example of the Power of Attorney?
In choice B, Tom's mother has taken legal steps to authorize her son to act on her behalf. It indicates a legal document is created to establish power of attorney.
5) It is called Posthumous Publication when a book is published after the death of its author. Which of the following situations is the best example of Posthumous Publication?
Option A indicates that Daniel was not alive to see the reviews of his book. It shows that Daniel died before the book was published. Option D, talk about the award, it does not indicate that a book was published after the writer's death.
Matching Definitions 2 Matching Definitions 3 Matching Definitions 4 Matching Definitions 5