Matching Definitions 2
6) Violating an apartment rental agreement occurs when a tenant does something that is prohibited by the legally binding document that the tenant has signed with the landlord. Which situation below is the best example of violating an apartment rental agreement?
Mohan has signed a legally binding document (apartment rental agreement) that requires him to pay monthly rent, and he has not paid this amount for the last two months, so he has violated the rental agreement.
7) Embellishing the truth refers to adding fictitious details or exaggerating facts, figures or stories. Which situation given below is the best example of embellishing the truth?
Option A indicates that realtor is embellishing the truth by saying that the house which is ten blocks away from the sea is a prime waterfront property.
8) Seasonal employment refers to when a person applies for a job that is dependent on a particular season or time of year. Which situation below is the best example of applying for seasonal employment?
Although the ski-instructors work for during winter season, it does not mean they left the job after the season, and it also does not talk about seasonal employment. The option C talks about the seasonal employment where a girl is applying for a job as a summer waitress at a beach resort.
9) In the Green Valley school, a four-day suspension occurs where a student is not permitted to attend school for four days for (i) physically assaulting another student, a teacher, or a school employee or (ii) intentionally damaging school's property. Which of the given situations is the best example of a four-day suspension?
Although both the choices (a) and (d) describe suspensions, only choice d describes a suspension due to one of the two scenarios given in the definition, e.g. Jacky is suspended for defacing school's property.
10) A Tiebreaker is an additional contest or duration of play to decide a winner among tied contestants. Which of the following situations is the best example of a Tiebreaker?
This is the only option that indicates that the match is tied and the teams are given extra time to determine the winner of the game.
Matching Definitions 1 Matching Definitions 3 Matching Definitions 4 Matching Definitions 5