Blood Relations 1
This type of reasoning question is based on the blood relations among the family members. And, you are required to find the relation between the particular members of the family. So, you must have a basic understanding of the different types of blood relations that exist in a family.
The following table will help you understand the different types of blood relations among the family members.
1) Pointing to a photograph, a man said, "I have no brother, and that man's father is my father's son." Whose photograph was it?
The narrator has no brother, so he is the only son of his father, and his father's son is he himself. Hence, the narrator is the father of the man in the photograph, so the man in the photograph is his son.
2) Pointing to a photograph of a man, Pooja said, "He is the only son of the mother of my sister's brother." How is that person related to Pooja?
The person in the photograph is the only son of the mother of Pooja's sister's brother. So, he is the brother of Pooja.
3) Pointing to a woman, a man said, "Her father is the only son of my father." How is the man related to the woman?
Only son of my father = the man himself. Therefore, the man is the father of this woman.
4) Looking at the portrait of a man, Mohan said, "His mother is the wife of my father's son and I have no brother and sister." at whose portrait was Mohan looking?
Mohan has no brother and sister, so he is the only son of his father.
Now, wife of my father's son = Mohan's wife. And, Mohan's wife is the mother of the man, so the man is Mohan's son.
5) Pointing to a photograph, a lady tells Sohan, "I am the only daughter of this woman, and her son is your maternal uncle." How is the lady related to Sohan's father?
The lady's brother is Sohan's maternal uncle. So, the lady is Sohan's mother and wife of his father.
Blood Relations 2
Blood Relations 3
Blood Relations 4