Course of Action 2
6) Statement: The police received a complaint of an officer for taking a bribe to perform his routine work of signing applications of the people.
I. The police should plan to catch the officer red-handed and take necessary action against him.
One complaint is enough to take action against the corrupt officer. So, police can arrest him or plan to catch him red-handed.
7) Statement: The demand for local fruits is decreased due to the availability of imported fruits in the local market.
I. The fruit vendors should not sell imported fruits to increase the demand for local fruits.
Both the courses of action are unfair means to cut the competition. The solution is to educate the local producers about new methods and techniques to produce better quality fruits.
8) Statement: This year the majority of the students of many schools do not pass the board exam.
I. Such schools are not productive, so they should be closed down.
In such a situation, the harsh measures (I, II) will not improve the performance of the students.
9) Statement: The Finance Minister resigned from his post a week before the new budget is to be presented in the Parliament.
I. The resignation should not be accepted.
An already working Finance Minister would have a better understanding of the resources and plans of the government. So, he can present the budget in a better way.
10) Statement: The water level of the lakes is decreased significantly in the past few months. These lakes supply water to the city.
I. The water board should impose a partial cut in the water supply.
The water level of the lakes can be improved by imposing periodic partial cuts in the water supply and encouraging people to reduce the water consumption.
Course of Action 1
Course of Action 3
Course of Action 4