How to reset Password in WordPress
If you forget or lost the password of your account, WordPress gives you an option to reset it through different methods.
In WordPress interface, password can be recovered via email. But on some hosts, where email is not working properly, other methods are used.
There are four ways to reset WordPress password.
Change password from dashboard
Follow the following steps to reset password from dashboard.
1) Login to your WordPress account.
2) Click on Users from dashboard menu.
3) Hover your admin username and click on Edit as shown in below snapshot.
4) Scroll down to the bottom, enter you new password then click on Update Profile button.
5) You will get a message that your profile has been updated as shown in the following snapshot.
Reset password via Email
Follow the following steps to reset password via email.
Manually resetting password through phpMyAdmin
Follow the following steps to reset password manually through phpMyAdmin.
Using emergency password reset script.
If above options doesn't work, try this one. It is a PHP script and not a plugin.
Points to remember
How to use emergency reset script