Statement and Assumption 4
16) Statement: The efforts to boost the tourist numbers in Kerala are being made by the state government.
I) The special fares are being announced in the railway.
The reason for announcing the special fares may not be the falling tourist numbers, so I is not implicit. The efforts are made to boost tourism; it means the tourist numbers have dropped in the last few years, so only II is implicit.
17) Statement: Reaching airport in time has become difficult due to a large number of potholes in road Z.
I) Reaching the airport in time may not always be necessary.
The statement shows that not reaching the airport in time is a problem. It means that reaching the airport in time is always necessary, so I is not implicit. The statement emphasized road Z to reach the airport, so the road Z is the only convenient way to reach the airport, so II is implicit.
18) Statement: Safety and health practices in many Asian companies are below international standards.
I. International standards of health and safety are ideal and unrealistic.
According to the statement, safety and health practices are crucial for an organization and are not of international standard in Asian companies, which shows these companies don't consider these practices their prime responsibility, so only II is implicit.
19) Statement: Cases of food poisoning are increasing in rural areas due to the consumption of liquor.
I. People in rural areas consume more liquor.
The statement is talking about the number of cases of food poisoning and not about the number of cases of liquor consumption. So, I is not implicit. The statement talks about food poisoning as well as the increasing liquor consumption, so there must be illegal liquor shops selling cheap quality liquor at a low price. So, only II is implicit.
20) Statement: The Airlines X has decided to increase the airfare by 10% with immediate effect.
I. Other airlines may also increase the price of their tickets.
It is understood that prices are increased when a company is sure that it will not affect the revenue badly. So, II is implicit. However, the impact of this hike on other airlines cannot be ascertained. So, I is not implicit.
Statement and Assumption 1
Statement and Assumption 2
Statement and Assumption 3