Neo4j Data Model
Neo4j Database follows the Property Graph Model for storing and managing its data. Neo4j is a graph database which contains the following features of Property Graph Model.
- The Graph model contains Nodes, Relationships and Properties which specifies data and its operation.
- Properties are key-value pairs.
- Nodes are represented using circle and Relationships are represented using arrow keys. Relationship specifies the relation between two nodes.
- There are two types of relationships between nodes according to their directions: Unidirectional and Bidirectional
- Each Relationship contains two nodes: "Start Node" or "From Node" and "To Node" or "End Node".
- Both Nodes and Relationships contain properties.
Relationships should be directional in Property Graph Data Mode. If you create a relationship without a direction, it will through an error message.
There are three main building block of a GraphDB Data model: