In Prepositions based verbal ability questions, there is a sentence with a missing preposition. You are required to select the correct preposition out of the given options.
Solved Prepositions Questions with Explanation:
1) They walked ....... the edge of the land.
Explanation: While talking about distance, both up to and as far as can be used.
2) It is another two weeks ............... the exams.
Explanation: While counting the time until a future event, we can use either 'to' or 'until'.
3) It would not be easy for her to support her family as she has nothing ........... her pension.
Explanation: Except, besides and 'apart from' have the same meaning when used after the negative expressions like no, nothing, and nobody.
4) What are you wearing .............. your shirt?
Explanation: Under or underneath can be used. Under is preferred over below when something is covered by what is over it.
5) Peter will arrive ..... her home ...... dinner.
Explanation: Arrive is followed by at or in. For is also correctly used.