What is the full form of BHIM
BHIM: Bharat Interface for Money
BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money. It is a mobile payment app which is developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). It is based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) that allows you to make simple, easy, and quick payment transactions using UPI. You can make bank to bank money transfers and pay money through mobile number or Virtual Payment Address (VPA). BHIM was introduced in the year 2016 to promote digital payments.
Features/ Benefits of BHIM:
- Send and Request Money: It allows you to send money through a Virtual Payment Address (VPA), Account Number & IFSC code, Aadhar Number, or QR code. You can also receive money by entering Virtual Payment Address (VPA).
- Scan & Pay: You can pay by scanning the QR code and can also generate QR code to receive payments.
- Transactions: It allows you to check transaction history and pending UPI collect requests. You can also raise a complaint if a transaction declines by clicking on Report issue.
- Profile: You can view the static QR code and payment addresses and share the QR code through various messenger applications like WhatsApp, Email, etc.
- Bank Account: You can see the linked Bank accounts and set or change the UPI PIN. You can also change the bank account, check balance, and more.
- Language: This app is available in regional languages to improve user experience.
- Block User: You can block users who are frequently sending collect requests.
Steps to use or download BHIM APP:
- From the Google Play store download and install BHIM app
- Open the app and select your language
- Allow app to manage SMS & Phone calls
- If you have a dual Sim phone, you will be asked to verify your mobile number registered with your bank account. SMS will be sent for auto-verification. The SIM of your registered number should be on your mobile phone.
- Create a unique four-digit Passcode to log into the app and reenter the passcode to confirm it
- Select your UPI enabled bank from the given list of banks
- Your bank account will be automatically fetched and Register yourself by providing your debit card details
- After adding the account successfully, the BHIM app home page will be displayed
- Your account is now registered and is ready to use.