What is the full form of GOOGLE
GOOGLE: Global Organization of Oriented Group Language of Earth
There is a lot of confusion about if Google has a full form or it is just a word created by the founder of Google. Officially Google has not a full form. It is generated from a word "googol" which means a huge number.
The word "googol" represents a number that is 1 followed by 100 zeros.
Google Inc is an US based multinational corporation. At present, it is the most popular search engine specialized in Internet-related services and products. Its main functional areas are Online advertising technology, cloud computing, search engines and software. Apart from this, Google is the most used search engine all over the world.
Google has a large number of applications like Google Docs, Adwords, Adsense, Youtube, Gmail and many more.
Brief History of Google
- Google was started as a research project by Larry page and Sergey Brin in 1996, both were PhD students at Stanford University. They created a new technology PageRank to determine a website relevance.
- The domain google.com was registered on 14 September 1997 and next year in September 1998, Google Corporation was established.
- In 2000, Google started selling advertisements and so Google Adwords/Adsense was introduced. These advertisements were based on the pay per click system, i.e. you will be paid for your advertising if someone clicks on your ad link.
- The term PageRank was patented in September 2001. In the same year, Larry Page stood down as CEO of Google and Eric Schmidt. was appointed as the new CEO of Google.
- In 2004, Google launched its free web-based email service, Gmail.
- In the year 2005, it introduced Google Earth and Google Maps.
- In 2006, it introduced Google Video, a new search tool. It allowed users search internet for videos.
- In 2007, Google introduced Android, an open platform for mobile devices.
- On September 2, 2008, Google introduced Google Chrome browser.