What is the full form of DS Group
DS Group: Dharampal Satyapal Group
DS group stands for Dharampal Satyapal Group. It is a leading multi-diversified conglomerate. Its turnover in FY 2015-16 was more than Rs. 7,700 crores. The product portfolio of DS Group kept evolving over the years and today, it offers a wide range of products and services like spices and beverages, mouth fresheners, dairy, confectionary, tobacco, hospitality services, packaging solutions and agro forestry.
To be a leading quality & innovation driven global conglomerate
To constantly strive to achieve excellence in all our endeavors to create sustainable value for our stakeholders and the community at large
Tobacco & similar products
- In 1948, it introduced quality chewing tobacco.
- In 1964, it introduced the first flagship brand ? BABA.
- In 1979, Tulsi Zarda and in 1990 Tulsi Mix was launched in the market.
- Tansen Mouth freshener was introduced in 1976.
- In 1983, Rajnigandha re-defined the mouth freshener category.
- In 2002, it launched Baba Elaichi and Supari.
- In 2013, it introduced Silver coated cardamom seeds by the name of ?Rajnigandha Silver pearls?.
- In 2015, it launched Rajnigandha Clove, a variant of Rajnigandha
- In 1999, it launched PASS PASS, a natural assorted fun mix.
- In 2012, it introduced Pass Pass Chingles, a mini chewing gum.
- In 2015, it entered into candy segment with Pulse.
Food & Beverages:
- In 1987, it introduced Catch free-flowing salt and pepper table top dispensers.
- In 1996, it launched Catch Silver Foil.
- In 2000, it started producing a wide range of kitchen spices.
- In 2003, it introduced clear flavoured drink.
- In 2013, it launched Catch Miniz, an international range of flavoured salts and seasonings.
- In 2011, it entered into Dairy Business.
- In 2013, it introduced Brand Ksheer.
- In 2006, it has established a state-of-the-art heat resistant latex rubber thread plant in North East.
- In 2000, it entered into hospitality sector with the acquisition of Hotel Manu Maharani, Nainital.
- In 2013, it established ?Namah?, a beautiful resort in Jim Corbett.
- In 2014, it opened Radisson Blu DS Hotel, a five star hotel at Guwahati in North East.
- In 2015, Crown Plaza DS Hotel opened in Jaipur.
- In 2006, it entered into Agro Forestry business.
- In 2001, DS Canpac started providing world class eco-friendly packaging solutions.
- In 2007, it set up a flexible packaging laminate unit in Guwahati.
- In the year 1929, the founder of DS Group, Shri Dharampal Ji set up a small perfumery shop in Chandni Chowk, Delhi.
- Dharampal ji's son Satyapal ji continued the legacy, he inherited the qualities of high virtues and innovation to excel in the business. He blended tobacco with various exquisite fragrances.
- In 1964, under the stewardship of Satyapal ji, the first branded chewing tobacco BABA was introduced.
- In 1987, it entered into Foods and Beverages with the launch of innovative tabletop sprinklers.
- In 1999, it started providing confectionary items like chewing gum (pass pass), candy (pulse) etc.
- In 2000, it started providing hospitality services and set up various hotels and resorts.
- In 2006, it started acquiring wasteland to cultivate medicinal and aromatic plants.
- In 2007, it started providing eco-friendly packaging solutions.