What is the full form of KFC
KFC: Kentucky Fried Chicken
KFC stands for "Kentucky Fried Chicken". It is a fast food restaurant chain which specializes in fried chicken. Its headquarters is in Louisville, Kentucky in the United States. The company is a subsidiary of 'Yum! Brands'. Today, it has more than 20,500 outlets in 125 countries and territories across the world.
The fried chicken is freshly prepared in the KFC outlets using the Colonel?s secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices. In addition to this recipe, KFC gives emphasis on various factors to prepare world?s best chicken, some of which are as follows:
- It uses real chicken raised on U.S. farms.
- Its chicken is USDA-inspected for quality before it is delivered to KFC kitchens.
- Its chickens are free of steroids and added hormones.
- At present, its chicken and more than 90% of its menu items are free of food dyes. By the end of 2017, all of its menu items will be free of food dyes expect the beverages and third-party products.
- By the end of 2018, it will completely stop using artificial colors and flavors in its core products.
- The founder of KFC is Harland Sanders. He was born in Henryville, Indiana in the year 1890. He tried many jobs but could not stay at any job for long.
- Finally in 1930, he began selling fried chicken from his roadside restaurant at a gas station in Corbin, Kentucky. His fried chicken recipe was a big hit.
- In 1952, he franchised his recipe to Pete Harman in South Salt lake, Utah. This restaurant marketed the recipe with the name ?Kentucky Fried Chicken?.
- By 1963, around 600 restaurants were selling this recipe.
- In 1964, Sanders sold the company to a group of investors for $2 million.
- By 1967, it became the sixth largest restaurant chain by sales volume in the U.S.
- By 1970, KFC opened around 3000 stores in more than 40 countries.
- In 1997, it came under the ownership of ?Yum! Brands? and more recipes were added in the menu like sandwiches, drinks and desserts to complement the fried chicken recipe.
Today KFC is the largest fried chicken restaurant chain in the world.
As of 2016, Mukesh Pant is the CEO of KFC. He graduated from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Kanpur, India. Before becoming the CEO of KFC he has worked in various reputed companies like Hindustan Lever Limited, PepsiCO and Reebok.