What is the full form of NDTV
NDTV: New Delhi Television
NDTV stands for New Delhi Television. It is an Indian television media company, a reputed news and lifestyles network in India. It is founded by Radhika Roy and Prannoy Roy in 1988. It is India?s first and largest private TV channel related to news, current affairs, and entertainment. Most of the country?s best and famous reporters are part of this channel. It has around 23 offices and studios across the country. 0
- In 1989, it had produced 'The World This Week' which was rated among India's top five programmes.
- In 1990, it had produced the live coverage of annual Union Budget.
- On August 31, 1994, the company obtained a fresh certificate of incorporation and its status was changed from private limited to public limited company.
- In 1997, it had entered into a contract with STAT/NTVI for producing news content for its 24 hours news channel.
- It won the Asian Television Award for Best News Programme in Asia for Star News and BDA International Award for Star News.
- In 1998, it started producing content for the Star News channel, introduced NDTV Online with MSNBC and adjudged the co-runner-up for Best Current Affairs Programme in Asia.
- In the year 2000, it had started the production of non-news programmes like Yes Minister for BBC Hindi.
- In 2001, it entered into a contract with Vijay TV for the production of Tamil news programmes and won 6 Hero Honda ITA Awards.
- On April 14, 2003, it introduced two news channels, NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India.
- In the year 2004, it became an independent news broadcaster and tied up with WorldSpace to air news.
- On January 17, 2005, it introduced its business channel NDTV PROFIT.
- In 2006, it entered into strategic alliance with Karan Johar and Dharma Productions.
- In September 2007, NDTV launched India?s first city channel, "MetroNation".
- As of July 2008, board of directors of NDTV approved the establishment of a new company for studio, production facilities etc.