86) I haven't been (1) to Mumbai before and (2) neither my sister. (3) No error (4)
'neither' is followed by 'helping verb' and the helping verb is followed by the 'subject', so add 'has' after 'neither', e.g., neither has my sister.
87) Mr. Sharma not only stopped (1) coming to (2) hospital but also (3) going to other places which are related to the accident. (4) No error (5)
While using 'not only......but also' in a sentence, parallelism must be considered. In other words, the words following both parts of this correlative conjunction (not only and but also) should belong to the same parts of the speech. For example, if a verb follows 'not only', a verb should also follow 'but also'.
So, in this sentence, 'but also' is used before 'going', so 'not only' will be used before 'coming', e.g., Mr. Sharma stopped not only coming to hospital but also going to other places.
88) Work hard (1) lest (2) you should not (3) lose the game. (4) No error (5)
'Lest.......should' is used to give a warning and to suggest the consequences of not paying attention to that warning. This conjunction conveys a negative sense, so 'no' or 'not' should not be used in a sentence with this conjunction. So, remove 'not' from the third part of the sentence, e.g., work hard lest you should lose the game.
89) Rahul did not (1) steal the apples (2) from the orchard (3) never did his brother. (4) No error (5)
In some cases, neither can be substituted by 'do not or does not'. In such cases, the clauses must have 'do' or 'does', e.g., he does not smoke nor does he drink. So, replace 'never' with 'nor' in the sentence, e.g., Rahul did not steal the apples from the orchard nor did his brother.
90) The medical store (1) hadn't hardly (2) any of the (3) required medicines. (4) No error (5)
'Hardly' conveys a negative sense, so 'had not' is not required in this sentence and thus the correct sentence is: The medical store hardly had any of the required medicines.
Spotting Errors 2
Spotting Errors 3
Spotting Errors 4
Spotting Errors 5
Spotting Errors 6
Spotting Errors 7
Spotting Errors 8
Spotting Errors 9
Spotting Errors 10
Spotting Errors 11
Spotting Errors 12
Spotting Errors 13
Spotting Errors 14
Spotting Errors 15
Spotting Errors 16
Spotting Errors 17
Spotting Errors 19
Spotting Errors 20