96) He is my (1) cousin brother (2) who works as (3) a doctor. (4) No error (5)
The word 'cousin' is a gender-neutral noun, e.g., he is my cousin itself tells that it is a male cousin. So, there is no need to use the word 'brother' in this sentence, e.g., he is my cousin.
97) The property (1) of the father (2) was divided (3) equally between his sons. (4) No error (5)
Between is generally used for two persons or objects. In this sentence, the number of sons is not specified. Hence, 'among' should be used.
Between can be used for more than two items only when the items are distinct or different from each other, and we name each of the items, e.g., I am trying to decide between, the blue shirt, the black shirt and the yellow shirt.
Among will be used if we treat the items as a part of a group, e.g., I am trying to choose among these shirts.
98) Peter used (1) scissor (2) to cut off (3) his shirt. (4) No error (5)
Replace 'scissor' with 'a pair of scissors' in this sentence. The singular form of scissors is 'a pair of scissors,' and the plural form of scissor is 'scissors.'
99) Children must make (1) a resolution of giving up at least (2) one of the bad habit (3) such as biting nails, getting up late, eating fast-food, etc.(4) No error (5)
'At least one of the bad habit' refers to one bad habit out of many bad habits. So, replace 'habit' with 'habits' in the sentence.
100) Each of the teachers (1) have (2) been given (3) an award and a cake. (4) No error (5)
Don't let the word 'teachers' confuse you. The subject in this sentence is each, and each is always singular, so replace 'have' with 'has' e.g., each of the teachers has been given.
101) More students than one (1) has (2) been shortlisted (3) for the scholarship. (4) No error (5)
When more is followed by a plural noun, e.g., more + plural noun + than one, the verb will be plural. So, replace 'has' with 'have'.
Spotting Errors 2
Spotting Errors 3
Spotting Errors 4
Spotting Errors 5
Spotting Errors 6
Spotting Errors 7
Spotting Errors 8
Spotting Errors 9
Spotting Errors 10
Spotting Errors 11
Spotting Errors 12
Spotting Errors 13
Spotting Errors 14
Spotting Errors 15
Spotting Errors 16
Spotting Errors 17
Spotting Errors 18
Spotting Errors 19