1) If NOIDA is written as OPJEB, then what will be the code for DELHI?
Answer: (c) EFMIJ
Explanation: Each letter in the word NOIDA is moving one step forward and forms the code OPJEB. Similarly, if the letters of the word DELHI moves one step forward, then D will be written as E, E as F, L as M, H as I, and I as J. So, the code for DELHI will be EFMIJ.
2) If AIRLINE is written as ENILRIA7, then RAILWAY will be written as -
Answer: (a) YAWLIAR7
Explanation: The letters of the word AIRLINE is written in reverse order, and the number on the right side of the coded word is the total number of characters in the original word. So, the AIRLINE will be coded as ENILRIA7. Similarly, the word RAILWAY will be coded as YAWLIAR7.
3) If CAT is coded as PATC, JOY is coded as POYJ; similarly the word WING will be coded as -
Answer: (b) PINGW
Explanation: The first letter in the word CAT is moved at the last position, and the alphabet P is placed at the initial position in order to form the code. So, the code for CAT is PATC, and the word JOY is coded as POYJ. Similarly, the word WING will be coded as PINGW.
4) Which number should come next in the series 1, 2, 3, 10, ___
Answer: (b) 99
Explanation: The logic for the given series is the square of the appearing number and addition of 1 at first position and subtraction of 1 at second position. This simply means that -
12 + 1 = 2
22 - 1 = 3
32 + 1 = 10
Similarly, the number after 10 is -
102 - 1 = 99
5) Which number is wrong in the series 2, 6, 15, 31, 56, 93?
Answer: (d) 93
Explanation: In the given series, the difference between the numbers is the square of consecutive integers. That means the difference between 2 and 6 is 4 (22), 6 and 15 is 9 (32), 15 and 31 is 16 (42), 31 and 56 is 25 (52), so after 25 the difference should be 36 (62), but in the given series it is 37. So, after 56, the next number should be 92 to follow the sequence. But the number is 93 instead of 92. So, 93 is the wrong number.
6) The number comes next in the series 12, 36, 109, 329, ... -
Answer: (b) 990
Explanation: In the given series there is a increment of *3 + 0, then *3 + 1, *3 + 2, and so on. That means -
12 x 3 + 0 = 36
36 x 3 + 1 = 109
109 x 3 + 2 = 329
329 x 3 + 3 = 990
So, the next number in the series will be 990.
7) Suppose a series is 6, 11, 21, 36, 56, ? the number comes at the place of question mark in the given series is -
Answer: (d) 81
Explanation: In the given series there is an increment of the consecutive multiples of 5, i.e., +5, then +10, then +15, and so on. So,
6 + 5 = 11
11 + 10 = 21
21 + 15 = 36
36 + 20 = 56, and
56 + 25 = 81
So, the next number in the series will be 81.
8) Suppose a series is 1, 9, 25, 49, ?, 121, the number comes at the place of question mark in the given series is -
Answer: (d) 81
Explanation: In the given series there is a square of the consecutive odd integers i.e., 32, 52, 72, and so on.
12 = 1
32 = 9
52 = 25
72 = 49
92 = 81
112 = 121
So, the number that comes in place of the question mark is 81.
9) The number comes after the series 8, 28, 116, 584, ...... -
Answer: (c) 3508
Explanation: In the given series the logic is -
(8 x 3) + 4 = 28
(28 x 4) + 4 = 116
(116 x 5) + 4 = 584
(584 x 6) + 4 = 3508
So, the next number in the series is 3508.
10) What will be the next number in the series 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, .......?
Answer: (a) 31
Explanation: The given series consists of increasing order of consecutive prime numbers starting from 13.
So, the next number in the series is 31.
11) What will be the missing number in the series 196, 169, 144, __, 100, 81?
Answer: (a) 121
Explanation: The series consists of squares of consecutive natural numbers starting from 14 in decreasing order, i.e., the numbers 196, 169, 144, _, 100, 81 can be written as 142, 132, 122, 112, 102, 92. So, the missing number is 121.
12) Which number comes next in the series 1536, 384, 96, ___?
Answer: (b) 24
Explanation: The given series is a simple division series. In this series, each number is divided by 4 to arrive at the next number. Therefore, 24 (96/4) would be the next number.
13) If PINK is coded as 1691411, then RED will be coded as -
Answer: (b) 1854
Explanation: The letters of the word are replaced by their positions in the English Alphabets. As in PINK, the position of P is 16th, I appears at 9th place, N at 14th, and K at 11. So, it is coded as 1691411.
Similarly, RED will be coded as 1854 as R is at 18th position, E is at 5th position, and D is at 4th position in English Alphabets.
14) Which of the following is the odd one from the given alternatives?
Answer: (a) Driving
Explanation: The word Driving is different from the other words. This is because the words Diving, Swimming, and Sailing are related to water, but Driving is different from the list.
15) Which of the following is the odd number from the given alternatives?
Answer: (d) 841
Explanation: The number 841 is different from the list. This is because other numbers will be a perfect square if we subtract 1 from them. This means -
1090 - 1 = 1089 (332)
962 - 1 = 961 (312)
626 - 1 = 625 (252)
841 -1 = 840, which is not a perfect square, so it is different from the other alternatives.
16) Statement 1: John runs faster than George
Statement 2: Tom runs faster than John
Statement 3: George runs faster than Tom
If statement 1 and statement 2 are true, statement 3 will be -
Answer: (b) false
Explanation: According to the question, it is clear than Tom runs faster than both John and George. So, the third statement is false as it is stating that George is the fastest.
17) Statement 1: A is bigger than B but shorter than C
Statement 2: D is smaller than C and bigger than A
Statement 3: B is greater than D
If statement 1 and statement 2 are true, statement 3 will be -
Answer: (b) false
Explanation: According to the first two statements -
C > D > A > B
So, it is clear that C is larger among others. So, the third statement is false as it is stating that B is larger.
18) Arrange the following words in a meaningful sequence -
Answer: (a) 2, 3, 1, 5, 4
Explanation: A grasshopper eats grass, and a frog eats a grasshopper. Snake eats a frog, and Eagle eats snake.
19) Arrange the following words in a meaningful sequence -
Answer: (a) 2, 1, 4, 3, 5
Explanation: The rain comes first, then Sun, and then the rainbow is formed in the sky. When a child sees the rainbow, he feels happy.
Answer: (a) 2, 1, 5, 3, 4
Explanation: A seed grows into a plant; a plant produces grains; grains are converted to flour; the dough is made from flour, and finally, bread is made from dough.
21) Marathon is to race as hibernation is to -
Answer: (c) sleep
Explanation: Marathon is a long-distance race, and hibernation is a deep sleep that helps animals like polar bears to survive the winters.
22) Hypsiphobia: Height :: Hylophobia: ?
Answer: (a) Forests
Explanation: Hypsiphobia is the fear of heights, and hylophobia is the fear of forests.
23) The day before yesterday was Saturday. What will be the day after tomorrow?
Answer: (c) Wednesday
24) Statement: It is suggested to put a child in school at the age of 4.
i) Schools do not admit children after the age of 4.
ii) At this age, the child is ready to learn new things.
Answer: (b) Assumption 2 is true
Explanation: According to the statement, a child is mentally and physically prepared to go to school. So, assumption II is implicit. The statement does not talk about admission after the age of 4, so assumption I is not implicit.
25) Statement: If it is easy to become a doctor, I don't want to be a doctor.
i) A candidate wants to be professional.
ii) One wants to achieve a thing which is hard-earned.
Answer: (b) Assumption 2 is true
Explanation: The professional nature of the job is not mentioned. So, assumption (I) is not implicit. The statement shows that one wants to set a goal which is hard to achieve. So, assumption (II) is implicit.
26) A book always has -
Answer: (a) Pages
Explanation: A book is a set of printed, written, or blank pages.
27) A hospital always has -
Answer: (a) Doctor
Explanation: A hospital is set up to treat people, and a doctor is the authorized person to treat people.
28) Drama : Stage :: Tennis : ?
Answer: (b) Court
29) Which of the following set of letters complete the letter series, when sequentially placed at the gaps?
_ ab _ b _ aba _ _ abab
Answer: (d) aaaba
Explanation: The pattern is repeated as aabab. The series after filling aaaba is aababaababaabab.
30) Which of the following set of letters complete the letter series, when sequentially placed at the gaps?
bca _ b _ aabc _ a _ caa
Answer: (c) acab
Explanation: The pattern is repeated as bcaa. The series after filling acab is bcaabcaabcaabcaa.
31) I. All flowers in the garden are red.
II. Some of the flowers are roses.
III. All roses in the garden are red.
If the first two statements are true, the third statement is
Answer: (b) True
Explanation: From the first two statements, it is clear that all roses in the garden are red.
32) If the word 'LION' is coded as LMGJ. How is 'MILK' written in that code?
Answer: (d) IJGK
Explanation: The order of the words is reversed, and then each letter is moved two steps backward. After reversing, LION becomes NOIL, and on moving the letters two steps back, N becomes L, O becomes M, I becomes G, and L becomes J. So LION will be coded as LMGJ.
Similarly, the reverse of MILK is KLIM. On moving letters two steps backward, K becomes I; L becomes J; I becomes G, and M becomes K. So, MILK will be coded as IJGK.
33) Arrange the following words in a meaningful sequence -
Answer: (a) 5, 6, 3, 1, 4, 2
Explanation: It shows the sequence of hiring a candidate in companies which is advertisement, application, interview, selection, appointment, probation.
34) Arrange the following words in a meaningful sequence -
Answer: (a) 5, 3, 4, 2, 1
Explanation: A person falls ill and becomes a patient; visits a doctor; diagnosis is done, treatment starts, and finally the bill is generated.
35) Which of the following is different from others?
Answer: (a) Barber
Explanation: Among the list of given options, barber is different from others. This is because all other requires a raw material to work except barber.
36) Which of the following pairs of words are differently related?
Answer: (b) Slow : Sluggish
Explanation: Except option B, all other pairs are antonym of each other. As Truth is the antonym of lie, Stale is the antonym of fresh, and kind is the antonym of cruel. But Slow is not an antonym of Sluggish.
37) A thermometer is to temperature as a compass is to -
Answer: (c) Direction
Explanation: A thermometer is used to measure temperature and compass is used to determine direction.
38) Assertion (A): The earthworms reduce the fertility of the soil.
Reason (R): They make the soil soft and porous.
Answer: (b) A is false, but R is true.
Explanation: The earthworms are good for agriculture. They make soil soft and porous by creating burrows. It allows more water and air to enter in the soil which is good for agriculture.
39) Assertion (A): Diamond is used for cutting the glass.
Reason (R): The refractive index of diamond is high.
Answer: (d) Both A and R is true, but R is not the correct explanation of A.
Explanation: The molecular structure of a diamond makes it so hard that it can cut the glass. It has a high refractive index, but it does not make it hard.
40) Assertion (A): Plants have green leaves.
Reason (R): Plants contain phycoerythrin, the green pigment.
Answer: (a) A is true, but R is false.
Explanation: Phycoerythrin is a red pigment. The green color of plant leaves is due to the presence of a green pigment called chlorophyll.
41) Which of the following set of letters complete the letter series, when sequentially placed at the gaps?
a _ cdaab _ cc _ daa _ bbb _ ccddd
Answer: (a) bbdac
Explanation: The series after filling bbdac is abcdaabbccddaaabbbcccddd.
42) Raman says "Anuj's mother is the only daughter of my mother." How is Anuj related to Raman?
Answer: (b) Nephew
Explanation: Only daughter of Raman's mother means Raman's sister. So,Raman's sister is Anuj's mother. Therefore, Anuj is the nephew of Raman.
43) Looking at the portrait of a man, Mohan said, "His mother is the wife of my father's son and I have no brother and sister." at whose portrait was Mohan looking?
Answer: (b) His son
Explanation: Mohan has no brother and sister, so he is the only son of his father. Now, wife of my father's son = Mohan's wife. And, Mohan's wife is the mother of the man, so the man is Mohan's son.
44) Pointing to an image Madhu tells Sohan, "I am the only daughter of this lady, and her son is your maternal uncle." How is the Madhu related to Sohan's father?
Answer: (b) Wife
Explanation: Madhu is the only daughter, and her son is sohan's maternal uncle. So, sohan is the son of Madhu. That's why Madhu is the wife of sohan's father.
45) Pointing to a woman, a man said, "Her father is the only son of my father." How is the man related to the woman?
Answer: (b) Father
Explanation: Only son of my father = the man himself. Therefore, the man is the father of this woman.
46) Pointing to a man in the photograph a woman said, "He is the son of the only son of my grandfather." How the man in the photograph is related to that woman?
Answer: (c) Brother
Explanation: The man in the photograph is the son of woman's grandfather son. And grandfather's son is the father of that woman. So, the man in the photograph is the brother of that woman.
47) A is the mother of B
B is the sister of C
C is the father of D. So, how A is related to D?
Answer: (a) Grandmother
48) A factory always has -
Answer: (b) Workers
Explanation: A factory is set up to manufactures products, and for manufacturing, it always needs workers.
49) What will be the missing letters in the series BKK, DMM, FOO, __, JSS?
Answer: (b) HQQ
Explanation: The first letters of the series are in an alphabetical order in which a letter is skipped between each two letters; B, D, F, H, J. The second and third letters are repeated in each segment, and they are also in alphabetical order with a skipped letter; K, M, O, Q, S. So, the missing letters are HQQ.
50) What will be the missing letters in the series EQ, FS, HW, KA, __, TL?
Answer: (b) OF
Explanation: It is a mixed series.
The pattern for the first letter of each segment is;
E + 1, F + 2, H + 3, K + 4, O + 5, T + 6
The pattern for the second letter of each segment is;
Q + 2, S + 3, W + 4, A + 5, F + 6, L + 7
Therefore, the missing pair is OF.
Next TopicCivil Engineering MCQ