Tally Tutorial provides basic and advanced concepts of Tally. Our Tally tutorial is designed for beginners and professionals.
What is Tally
- Tally is an ERP accounting software package that is used to record day to day business data of a company. The latest version of Tally is Tally ERP 9.
- Tally ERP 9 Software is one of the most financial accounting systems used in India. For small and medium enterprises, it is complete enterprise software. It is a GST software with an ideal combination of function, control, and inbuilt customisability.
- ERP 9is the best accounting software. This software can integrate with other business applications like Inventory, Finance, Sales, Payroll, Purchasing, etc.
- Tally software is used for storing all the business transactions of each account in detail. Tally has made calculations simple. Tally has become part of all businesses.
- Small scale enterprises believe that Tally software carries out efficient business transactions, provides accuracy, and saves a lot of time.
- Manual calculations are time-consuming; that's why all the organizations use Tally.
- Because of Tally, the chances of error are reduced to a great extent. The Tally software can learn at home or designated institutes. It is self-explanatory and easy to learn.
- Tally is cost-effective and time-saving. It also ensures accuracy in business management. It enables the digitalization of bills and signatures, thus staying up-to-date with the latest technology.
- Using the Tally ERP 9 Training, the owner of a small shop can also manage his store, keep records of customer bills, and manage financial transactions efficiently.
Versions of Tally
- Tally 4.5 was the first version of Tally. It was released in 1990. This software is based on MS-Dos.
- Tally 5.4 was the second version of Tally. It was released in 1996. It was a graphic interface version.
- Tally 6.3 was the third version of Tally. It was released in 2001. This version was window based. It supports printing and implementing with VAT (Value Added Tax).
- Tally 7.2 was the next version of Tally. It was released in 2005. It was added with new features of the Statutory complimentary version and VAT rules as par state wise.
- Tally 8.1 was the next version of Tally. It was developed with a new data structure. It was added with new features of Point of Sale (POS) and Payroll.
- The next version was Tally 9. It was released in 2006. This version was released due to bugs and errors. This version has maximum features such as TDS, FBT, Payroll, E-TDS filling, etc.
- The latest version of Tally is ERP 9. It was released in 2009. Tally ERP 9 package is offering maximum features for small to large business industries. It also updates with new features of (Goods & Services Tax) GST.
Before learning Tally, you must have the basic knowledge of Accounting.
Our Tally tutorial is designed to help beginners and professionals.
We assure that you will not find any problem with this Tally Tutorial. But if there is any mistake, please post the problem in the contact form.