Introduction to Compiler
- A compiler is a translator that converts the high-level language into the machine language.
- High-level language is written by a developer and machine language can be understood by the processor.
- Compiler is used to show errors to the programmer.
- The main purpose of compiler is to change the code written in one language without changing the meaning of the program.
- When you execute a program which is written in HLL programming language then it executes into two parts.
- In the first part, the source program compiled and translated into the object program (low level language).
- In the second part, object program translated into the target program through the assembler.
Fig: Execution process of source program in Compiler