Aptitude Partnership Test Paper 2
6) Ramesh and Suresh enter into a partnership with capitals in the ratio of 10:12. At the end of 8 months, Ramesh withdraws. If they receive profits in the ratio of 10:18. Find how long Suresh's capital was used.
Let the capital of Ramesh (C1) =10
Time period spend by Ramesh (T1) = 8 months
The ratio of their profit (p1:p2) is 10: 18
7) Raju started a business with Rs. 900. Kamal joined him after few months with an amount of 600. If the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of 2:1, after how many months Kamal joined the business?
The capital of Raju (C1) =900
Time period spend by Raju (T1) = 12 months
The ratio of their profit (p1:p2) is 2: 1
Apply the formula:
8) Mahesh and Suresh rent a pasture for 12 months. Mahesh puts in 200 cows for 8 months. How many cows can Suresh put in the pasture for the remaining 4 months if he pays 1(1/2) as much as Mahesh?
Let Mahesh's cow (C1) = 200 cows, and time spend T1 = 8 months
Apply profit ratio formula:
(C1 * T1)/ (C2 * T2) = p1/p2
Hence, Suresh can put 600 cows for the remaining 4 months.
9) X and Y enter into a partnership for a year. X invests Rs. 6000, and Y invests Rs. 8000. After 4 months, they admit Z, who invests Rs. 9000. If Y withdraws his contribution after 6 months, how would they share a profit of Rs 1000 at the end of the year?
X's capital be C1 = 6000
The profit will be divided in the ratio:-
(C1 * T1): (C2 * T2): (C3 * T3)
X's share = (X's ratio/ sum of all three ratios)* total profit
10) Praveen and Sunny enter into a partnership. Praveen puts in Rs. 50 and Sunny put in Rs. 45. At the end of 4 months Praveen withdraws half of his capital, and at the end of 6 months, Sunny withdraws half of his capital. Ashu Bhati then enters with a capital of Rs. 70. At the end of 12 months, in what ratio will the profit be divided?
Let Praveen's capital is C1 = 50 for period T1= 4 months, and C11= 25 for period T11= 8
Now, apply the profit ratio formula:
(C1 * T1): (C2 * T2): (C3 * T3) = p1: p2: p3
Aptitude Partnership Test Paper 1
Aptitude Partnership Test Paper 3