Area Aptitude Test Paper 1
1) What is the area of a triangle with base 5 meters and height 10 meters?
Area of a triangle = ½ * base * height
2) The base of a right-angled triangle is 10 and hypotenuse is 20. What is its area?
The area of a right angled triangle = ½ * base * height
Base = 10, Hypotenuse = 20
Area = ½ * base * height= ½ * 10 * 12
= 60 meters
3) The sides of a triangle are in the ratio 10: 24:26 and its perimeter is 300 m. What is its area?
Let the sides are 10x, 24x, and 26x.
So, the sides are 10 *5 = 50 meters
The area of a right triangle is = 1/2 * base * height
4) The ratio of length and breadth of a rectangular park is 4:2. If a cat running along the boundary of the park at the speed of 18 km/hr completes one round in 10 minutes, find the area of the park in square meters.
One round of the park is equal to the perimeter of the park.
So, by completing one round, the cat covers a distance equal to the perimeter of the park.
Now, Distance or perimeter = speed * time
Let Length = 4x and breadth = 2x
So, Perimeter: 2 (4x + 2x) = 3000
So, Length = 4 * 250 = 1000 meters
And, Breadth = 2 * 250 = 500 metersArea = Length * Breadth
= 1000 * 500
= 50000 sq. m.
5) The perimeter of the rectangular field is 480 meters and the ratio between the length and breadth is 5:3. Find the area of the field.
Let the length of the rectangle be 5x, and breadth be 3x,
∴ Length = 5 x 30 = 150 m
And, Area of rectangle = L x B
Area Aptitude Test Paper 2
Area Aptitude Test Paper 3
Area Aptitude Test Paper 4
Area Aptitude Test Paper 5
Area Aptitude Test Paper 6
Area Aptitude Test Paper 7
Area Aptitude Test Paper 8