Area Aptitude Test Paper 3
11) What is the area of a square field whose side is 20 meters?
The area of a square = (side) 2
12) What is the area of a square field whose diagonal is 40 meters?
Area of a square = 1/2 (diagonal) 2
= 1/2 (40)2
= 1/2 * 1600
= 800 sq. m.
13) The length of a rectangle is thrice its breath, and its perimeter is 106 meters. What is its area?
Let the breath = x
So, the Length = 3x
Perimeter of a rectangle = 2 (Length + Breadth)
Now, Breadth = 13, so, length = 13 * 3 = 39
So, its area = Length * Breadth
14) A rectangular grass field has a length of 85 meters and breadth of 65 meters. It is surrounded by a 5-meter wide path. Find the area of the Path and the cost of constructing it at Rs. 5 per square meter?
Area of the entire grass field including the path = Length (85 + 5 +5) * Breadth (65 + 5+5)
Area of the grass field excluding the path = 85 * 65 = 5525 sq. m.
So, area of the path = 7125 - 5525 = 1600 sq. m.
The cost of constructing is Rs. 5 per square meter.
So, the cost of constructing the entire path = 1600 * 5 = Rs. 8000
15) If the area of the trapezium, whose parallel sides are 6 cm and 10 cm is 32 sq. cm, what will be the distance between the parallel sides?
Parallel sides of a trapezium = 6 cm, and 10 cm
32=8 × distance
Distance = 32/8 = 4 cm
So, the distance between the parallel lines of trapezium = 4 cm.
Area Aptitude Test Paper 1
Area Aptitude Test Paper 2
Area Aptitude Test Paper 4
Area Aptitude Test Paper 5
Area Aptitude Test Paper 6
Area Aptitude Test Paper 7
Area Aptitude Test Paper 8