Area Aptitude Test Paper 2
6) If the perimeter of a square is 24 cm, one of the sides of the square is
Perimeter of Square = 4 x side
7) If the diagonal of a square field is 16 m, what is its area?
Area of a square:
= x (16)2
= x 256
= 128 m2
8) The area of a rectangle and square are equal. The side of the square is 5 cm and the smaller side of the rectangle is half that of the square. The length of the other side of the rectangle would be
Side of Square = 5 cm, and length of one side of rectangle = 5/2 = 2.5 cm
Let the length of the other side of the rectangle = B
As per the question:
Area of rectangle = Area of square
Length x Breadth = Side x Side
9) The length of a rectangle is increased by 60%. By what percent would the width have to be decreased to maintain the same area?
Let the length of the rectangle be x and breadth be y
Then, Area = L x B = xy
10) The ratio between the breadth and perimeter of a rectangle is 2:10. If the area of the rectangle is 428 sq. cm, what is the length of the rectangle?
Perimeter of a rectangle = 2 (Length + Breadth)
Let length is L and breadth is B.
So, as per the question = 2(L+B)/B = 10/2
Given Area = 430 sq. cm.
Area = Length * Breadth
Or L2 = 1290 / 2
Area Aptitude Test Paper 1
Area Aptitude Test Paper 3
Area Aptitude Test Paper 4
Area Aptitude Test Paper 5
Area Aptitude Test Paper 6
Area Aptitude Test Paper 7
Area Aptitude Test Paper 8