Aptitude Problems on Numbers Test Paper 3
11) The difference between the digits of a two-digit number is 4. What is the digit in the unit's place? To find out the answer, which of the information given in the statements P and Q is/are sufficient?
P: The difference between the number and the number obtained by interchanging the positions of the digits is 36.
Q: The sum of the digits of that number is 12.
Let the ten's digit be x and the unit's digit be (x - 4).
∴Unit's place digit cannot be found.
Q gives: x + x - 4 = 12
Hence, unit's digit: X - 4 = 8 - 4 = 4.
So, only Q is sufficient.
12) The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 14, and the difference between the digits is 2. Which of the following can be that number?
Let x and y be the two digits. Then
13) If one-seventh of a number exceeds its eleventh part by 100, what is the number?
Let the number be x. Then,
14) The difference between two numbers is 1550. If the larger number is divided by the smaller one, the quotient is 6, and the remainder is 20. What is the smaller number?
Let the numbers be x and x+1550
As we know:
Dividend = divisor * quotient + remainder
So, as per question:
x + 1550 = 6x + 20
5x = 1530
x = 306
Smaller number = 306
Larger number = 1550 + 306 = 1856
15) The sum and difference of two numbers are 25 and 10 respectively. Find the difference of their squares.
Let the numbers be x and y.
Aptitude Problems on Numbers Test Paper 1
Aptitude Problems on Numbers Test Paper 2
Aptitude Problems on Numbers Test Paper 4
Problems on Numbers Concepts