Races and Games Aptitude Test Paper 3
11) In a 100 m race, A can give B a start of 10 m and can give C a start of 28 m. In the same race, B can give C a start of:
A: B = 100: 90
∴ B can give C a start of 20 m.
12) A runs 1 times as fast as B. If A gives B a start of 80 m, how far must the winning post be so that A and B might reach it the same time?
The Ratio of the speed of A and B
∴ the winning post is 200 m away from the starting point.
13) Two men A and B run a 4 km race on a course of km round. If their speeds are in the ratio of 5: 4, how often does the winner pass the other?
The speeds of A and B are in the ratios of 5: 4 which means if A runs 5 km, B runs 4 km or if A makes 5 rounds, B makes 4 rounds.
So, A passes B each time it completes 5 rounds or covers a distance = 5 * 1/4 (length of one round) = 5/4 km
Race = 4 km
14) In a game of 80 points, A can give B 5 points and can give C 15 points. How many points B can give C in a game of 60?
A: B = 80: 75, A: C = 80: 65
15) In a 100 m race, A beats B by 10 m and C by 13 m. In a race of 180 m, B will beat C by
A: B = 100:90, A: C = 100: 87
∴ B beats C by
Races and Games Aptitude Test Paper 1
Races and Games Aptitude Test Paper 2
Races and Games Concepts