Aptitude Volume and Surface Area Test Paper 4
16) The length, breadth, and height of a brick are 10 cm, 4 cm, and 3 cm, respectively. Find the surface area of the brick?
Surface area of a Cuboid = 2(lb+ bh+ hl) cm2
17) A 6 m long and 4 m wide cistern contains water up to a breadth of 1 m 25 cm. Find the total surface area of the surface immersed in water?
Area of the wet surface =
18) A boat of length 3 m and breadth 2 m is floating on a lake. The boat sinks by 1 cm when a man gets into it. What is the mass of the man?
In this type of question, first, we will calculate the volume of water displaces then we will multiply it with the density of water.
19) A swimming pool 9 m wide and 12 m long is 1 m deep on the shallow side and 4 m deep on deeper side. Find the volume of the swimming pool?
Volume will be length * breadth * height,
20) The cost of the paint is Rs. 36.50 per kg. If 1 kg of paint covers 16 square feet, how much will it cost to paint outside of a cube having 8 feet each side
We will first calculate the Surface area of the cube, and then we will calculate the quantity of paint required.
As per the question, the cost of the paint is Rs. 36.50 per kg.
Aptitude Volume and Surface Area Test Paper 1
Aptitude Volume and Surface Area Test Paper 2
Aptitude Volume and Surface Area Test Paper 3
Aptitude Volume and Surface Area Test Paper 5