Search for a word in PDF
It is important to know how to search for a word in PDF files. Suppose you opened a book in PDF format, and you want to search for a particular topic in that whole book, then you must know how to search for a word or phrase in a PDF file.
Let's learn to search a word or phrase in the PDFs
1. In Adobe Acrobat DC
Open your PDF file in Adobe acrobat. There are two options available in the Adobe acrobat where you can search for a word.
- Find Text icon
In the toolbar click on Find Text icon or press cntrl+f, as shown in the image below. A dialogue box will appear on the screen where you can type the word or topic name you are searching for.
Suppose you want to search for the word 'to' in the file so type to in the search option and press enter, the words starting with to will be highlighted. Click on the Next button to see the next word starting with to in the file.
- Edit menu
Click on Edit option available in the menu bar and select Find option. The same dialogue box will appear on the screen, and then follow the same procedure to search for any word in the file.
2. In Web Browser
You can search for any word or phrase by opening your PDF file in any of the web browsers.
- Suppose you want to open your file in Google chrome browser, for this right-click on your PDF file in which you want to find for a word>click on open with> select Google Chrome.
- Your file will open in the Google chrome.
- Now click on expand icon (⋮) available in the top right corner of the browser and select Find, a search box will appear on the screen.
- Type any word that you want to find in the document in the search box to get the result.
- Suppose you want to search for the word 'will' then the type will in the search box, that word will be highlighted in the file.
- You can also see the number of the same word present in the document as, in this case, there are two will in the document, so it's showing first out of two (1/2).
- Click on the Next (v) button to see the location of the second will word of the document.