PHP vs HTML
What is PHP?
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor, which is an open source scripting language. It is a server-side scripting language and a powerful tool for creating a dynamic and interactive website.
PHP is an interpreted language, so it doesn't need compilation. It is specially designed for server-side scripting, which executes on the server. PHP can be easily embedded with HTML files.
Note: PHP is mainly used to develop server-side applications.
It has several advantages that are given below:
- We can execute PHP code on different platform such as Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, etc.
- It is easy to use and learn.
- PHP provides a built-in module which helps it to connect with the database easily.
- PHP is an open source language that means it is available for free of cost.
In general, PHP is cheap, cross-platform, fast, and reliable to develop web applications.
What is HTML?
HTML is not a programming language, as it is a tag-based language. Angular brackets <> are used to represents HTML elements or tags.
- HTML is very easy to learn and implement.
- It is not a case-sensitive language.
- We can write HTML code on any text editor like Notepad, Notepad++, Edit plus, etc.
- HTML is platform-independent, hence, it can be executed on different platform.
- It allows the programmer to add colors, audio, video, and images on a web page.
Difference between PHP and HTML
|PHP is a server-side programming language.
||HTML is a client-side scripting language.
|PHP is used in backend development, which interacts with databases to retrieve, store, and modify the information.
||HTML is used in frontend development, which organizes the content of the website.
|PHP is used to create a dynamic website. The output will depend on the browser.
||HTML is used to create a static website. The output of static website remains the same on each time.
|PHP can manipulate the data.
||It cannot manipulate the data.
|PHP code executes on web servers like Apache web server, IIS web server.
||HTML code executes on web browsers like Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.
|PHP is scripting language.
||HTML is a markup language.
|PHP7.3 is the latest version of PHP.
||HTML5.2 is the latest version of HTML.
|PHP is also easy to learn but not as simple as HTML.
||HTML is easy to learn. It can easily learn in a very short time.
|PHP files save with .php extension.
||HTML files save with .html extension.