What is PHP
PHP is a open source, interpreted and object-oriented scripting language i.e. executed at server side. It is used to develop web applications (an application i.e. executed at server side and generates dynamic page).
What is PHP
- PHP is a server side scripting language.
- PHP is an interpreted language, i.e. there is no need for compilation.
- PHP is an object-oriented language.
- PHP is an open-source scripting language.
- PHP is simple and easy to learn language.
There are given many features of PHP.
- Performance: Script written in PHP executes much faster then those scripts written in other languages such as JSP & ASP.
- Open Source Software: PHP source code is free available on the web, you can developed all the version of PHP according to your requirement without paying any cost.
- Platform Independent: PHP are available for WINDOWS, MAC, LINUX & UNIX operating system. A PHP application developed in one OS can be easily executed in other OS also.
- Compatibility: PHP is compatible with almost all local servers used today like Apache, IIS etc.
- Embedded: PHP code can be easily embedded within HTML tags and script.