Magento 2 Site Optimization
Magento 2 is a CMS (Content Management System), which is commonly known as performance intensive. Improving the speed and performance of your Magento 2 store allows the customers to have a better user experience while shopping at your E-commerce store. Thus, a fast-online store is more friendly with the visitors instead of a bad performance of the website.
The hosting site providers speed up your store based on the additional configuration of the server environment. There are some tips to optimize Magento 2 environment that are given below:
- It needed to be run on dedicated servers because it uses a complex database.
- Use a web application accelerator that can speed up your Magento 2 store by approximately 80%.
- Magento 2 web applications can be optimized by using cloud computing.
- Always upgrade to the latest versions as it offers better performance.
- Proper MySQL configuration is one of the important aspects in terms of performance.
Magento has built-in tools that help to optimize its performance. These built-in tools must be properly configured and matched with the unique requirements of your site. The following are some tips to optimize Magento configuration.
- To improve the Magento performance, do not run MySQL and web server on the same machine.
- Identify and disable the unused modules of Magento.
- Do not host those files on your web server, which you do not use.
- Enable the Magento flat catalog. (Magento uses a resource-intensive and complex Entity Attribute Value (EAV) based catalog.) After the initial catalog establishment, enabling the flat catalog can dramatically speed up the database query time.
- Optimization of session storage.
Code affects the speed of your website. The testing tools help us to gain insights into the specific process.
Few tips are there for code optimization -
- Remove unnecessary and unused processes.
- Compress all site images to the optimal web image sizes.
- Identify the bottlenecks (a process that causes the entire process to slow down or stop.) both in frontend as well as backend.
These modules are used to boost up the performance of Magento shopping experience. You can also reuse the modules. It speeds up the performance of the Magento frontend. The below points illustrate how to optimize Magento frontend performance -
- Magento caching must be enabled as it helps to load your website faster and reduces the direct requests to the server for files.
- Use a clean database to improve the performance of Magento. The database logs needed to be cleared regularly. The database stores the automatically created logs to keep track of record sessions and interaction.
- Always use the latest version of PHP, so that you can perform frontend task much better and faster.