Best Honeymoon Places in India
There are countless romantic honeymoon spots in India that are visited by newlywed couples to make their honeymoon the most memorable tour of their life. Some of the famous honeymoon places in India are listed below:
- Andaman & Nicobar
- Coorg, Karnataka
- Nainital, Uttarakhand
- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- Lakshadweep Islands
- Ooty, Tamil Nadu
- Darjeeling, West Bengal
1) Andaman & Nicobar
Andaman is one of the most trending honeymoon places in India. It is a union territory in India that comprises 572 islands. Its picturesque glittering beaches and lagoons of greenish-blue waters fill the atmosphere with a romantic aura.
The group of islands offers you various locations and honeymoon activities to make your honeymoon a memorable tour. Let us see some of the popular things to do in Andaman for couples:
- Scuba Diving: It is underwater diving in which you go underwater wearing a breathing apparatus. The famous islands for scuba diving in Andaman are Havelock Island and Neil Island. Furthermore, you can book scuba diving through online platforms.
- Sea Walking: In this activity, you walk on the sea bed wearing a breathing apparatus. Here, you witness the underwater beauty of the sea; the attractive and colourful sea creatures and plantations.
- Dolphin Glass Bottom Boat: It is another most liked activity that allows you to explore colourful underwater marine life through a glass boat.
- Snorkelling: It is another way to explore the marine life and corals. Here, you wear a diving mask provided with a tube for breathing. The famous beaches to enjoy snorkelling in Andaman are Red Skin Island, Radhanagar Beach, Neil Island and Elephant beach.
- Kayaking: Here, you ride on a small capsule-shaped boat with a sitting capacity of two persons. Kayaking in Mayabunder in lush green mangrove is another exciting activity for the couples.
- Light and Sound Show at Cellular Jail: It is a historic Jail of colonial times in India. As of now, it is a national memorial where you can enjoy light and sound show with your partner.
- Chidiya Tapu: It is a romantic beach in South Andaman where you can cherish the mesmerizing sunset view.
- Volcano in Barren Island: It is a barren island where you can see the mud volcano at the Volcanic Mountains.
2) Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar is truly a fascinating honeymoon destination in India. It is located at the centre of the Kashmir Valley and is a city in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, India. The houseboats, Shikara rides on shimmering lakes, the Mughal gardens, and the view of glistering snow-covered mountains make it a perfect destination of honeymooners.
Srinagar offers you various locations and honeymoon activities to make your honeymoon a memorable tour. Let us see some of the popular things to do in Srinagar for couples:
- Shikara Ride on Dal Lake: Shikara ride on the glittering water of beautiful Dal Lake is a wonderful experience that you can't afford to miss. In this ride, you can view the beautiful sunset, scenic surroundings, and mountains from the middle of the Lake.
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden: It is a beautiful garden carpeted with different varieties of tulip flowers. Here, you can take a romantic stroll with your partner amidst the beautiful tulips with the view of mountains.
- Skiing at Gulmarg: It is the most preferred destination for skiing among the tourist. Here, you will get smooth slopes for skiing that are suitable for both beginners and professionals.
- Shankaracharya Temple: A visit to Shankaracharya temple to seek blessings. It is a beautiful temple filled with divine vibes and offers you a spectacular view of the city and mountains. It is also known as Jyesteshwara Temple.
- Tracking: There are various famous trekking points such as Hari Parbat and Shankaracharya Hill. Trekking with your partner through lush green surroundings would be a wonderful experience.
- Kashmiri Cuisines: The local Kashmiri cuisines are world-famous for their flavours and taste. There are many restaurants where you can treat your taste buds with popular Kashmiri dishes such as Kashmiri Pulao, Nadru Yakhni, Rogan Josh, Sewai, and more.
- Birdwatching at Manasabal Lake: The water of this lake is dotted with lotus flowers. Here you can enjoy birdwatching, boating and water skiing with your partner and can take pictures of this beautiful lake.
- Stay in a stunning Houseboat: A stay in a gorgeous boathouse with your partner should not be missed while you are in Srinagar with your partner. These floating houseboats are like mini hotels with a comfortable stay.
- Paragliding: It is one of the most exciting experiences of the Srinagar trip. It offers you an aerial view of the entire city such as lakes, gardens and valleys.
- Mughal Gardens: There are three garden Shalimar Bagh, Nishat Garden and Chashme Shahi in Srinagar. They are built by the Mughal rulers and are known for their arrangement of flowers, fountains, and architecture and scenic backdrops.
- Other attractions: Jama masjid, sonmarg, pari mahal, Hazratbal Shrine, apple orchards, Wular Lake, and cricket bat factories, etc.
Goa is popularly known as the party capital of India. It is the land of sun, sea and sand and is home to most of the best beaches in India. Couples from all over the world come to Goa for the honeymoon. Along with beaches, night clubs, it offers various spotless and quaint romantic locations for couples.
Let us see some of the popular things to do in Goa for couples:
- Romantic cruise ride: You can take a cruise ride on Mandovi River during daytime, sunset or moonlight.
- Scuba Diving in Malvan: It offers you the opportunity to see the underwater colourful marine life and experience the adventure of being underwater.
- Water Sports: The beaches of Goa offers you various options for water sports such as snorkelling, parasailing, water skiing, windsurfing, banana boat rides, white water rafting, and more.
- Dolphin Safari: There are small cruises in Goa for dolphin sightings. It takes you at a point in the sea where you can see dolphins swimming and diving in or out of the water.
- Hot Air Balloon: You have to come to Assolda Ground in South Goa if you want to fly in the air with your partner in a hot air balloon.
- Quad Biking: It is another exciting offering of Goa where you drive a quad bike on the tricky mud roads through the forest areas.
- Dinner cruise: There are houseboats in Goa that are like restaurants where you can have dinner with your partners along with Live DJ music, games and dance floor.
- Dudhsagar Falls: It is one of the tallest water falls in India. Its water colour is milky white hence it got its name. It provides you a romantic spot amidst gushing waterfall and thick forest.
- Goa State Museum: If you have interest in the history and heritage of Goa, you can visit this museum that houses a large collection of artifacts such as bronze artworks, Jain sculptures, coins, rock statures, etc.
4) Coorg, Karnataka
Coorg is a romantic little town in Karnataka, India. It is known as Scotland of India and is one of the top honeymoon destinations in India. It is a perfect place for the couples who want to spend time together in solitude. The sprawling coffee plantations, orange orchards, and green landscapes are perfect for a cosy honeymoon.
Let us see some of the popular things to do in Coorg for couples:
- Abbey Falls: It is a milky waterfall located amidst coffee and spice plantation with a scenic backdrop to click pictures with your partner.
- Trekking: There are various romantic routes for trekking with your partner. Some of the popular treks for trekking in Coorg are Kodachadri, Kumara Parvatha, Brahmagiri, Mullayanagiri.
- Camping: There are many locations in Coorg for camping riverside and jungle. Relax in your tent with your partner with a cup of coffee during the daytime and see the beautiful sky at night.
- Golden Temple Monastery: It is a famous Buddhist monastery that stands at a height of 40 feet. Here, you will see the great Tibetan architecture with historical and cultural heritage.
- Kaveri River: Coorg is home to many beautiful lakes and rivers one of them is river Kaveri. You can go there if you want to experience or enjoy fishing and angling with your partner.
- Homestays: It is a popular accommodation option in Coorg. It is a colonial bungalow in a coffee or spice estate that has been converted into a homestay for the tourists. A couple can stay here to enjoy the Coorg's lifestyle and home-cooked food.
- Barapole: For adventure, you can go to the Barapole River where you can enjoy river rafting mostly during the monsoons.
- Jeep Safari: Coorg offers you various Jeep Safari tours. You can choose one based on your interest and preferences. Such as you can explore Kabba Hills, Nishani Hills and Mallalli waterfalls in a Jeep.
- Iruppu Falls: It is a beautiful waterfall in Coorg where you enjoy the splash of cool waters with your partner amidst greenery in the lap of Mother Nature.
- Cycling Tour: You can take a cycling tour to the Keta betta hill to add more excitement and adventure in your honeymoon. You will visit Kote Abbi waterfalls, and Harangi backwaters while cycling.
5) Nainital, Uttarakhand
Nainital is a romantic hill station in Uttarakhand with perfect scenic locations and activities for honeymooners and newlyweds. It is home to many beautiful natural lakes, ancient temple and mountains and is famous for boat rides amidst scenic surroundings. Besides this, it is also one of the affordable honeymoon destinations in India.
If you want to know, what are the popular things to do in Nainital for Couples, go through the following list of activities:
- Boating at Naini Lake: Naini Lake is one of the most beautiful and preferred lakes for boating in Nainital. It is located at a perfect location from where you can view the snow-capped peaks along with a beautiful view of the city.
- Trekking to Cheena Peak: It is the highest point of the city from where you can see the entire city including the Naini Lake. You have to walk up the hill to reach the Cheena Peak from where you can get the view of snow-capped Himalaya Mountain ranges.
- Tiffin Top: It is located on the Ayarpatta Hill and is also called Dorothy's seat. It is a popular picnic spot in the town from where you can see the entire city on one side and beautiful Kumaon Hills on another side.
- Nainital Zoo: It is a high altitude zoo located at a height of around 2,000 metres above sea level. Here, you can see a large variety of wild animals such as royal Bengal tiger, leopard, Himalayan bear, Tibetan wolves, sambar, etc.
- Camping: Apart from hills and lakes, you can go for camping at this hill station that also has meadows, elevations and pleasant climate for camping.
- Tibetan Market: Before returning from Nainital, you can visit the Tibetan market for shopping that offers original Tibetan winter wear, artworks, souvenirs, and more.
- Enjoy Ropeway of Nainital: This cable car gives you the bird's eye view of the town. It takes you from city to the snow viewpoint at a height of 2250 metres. The ride to the top is very serene and enthralling.
- Sunset view: The sunset view at Hanuman Garhi temple which is on the top of a hill is very fascinating. Here, you can see the sun slowly setting behind the hills.
- Naina Devi: Visit this temple with your partner if you want to seek the blessings of the goddess. Its location is awesome that instils a sense of tranquillity in the couples.
- Cave Garden: It is a network of interconnected caves that will educate you about the wildlife of the Himalayas and are named after the wild animals such as Tiger cave, Bat cave, Panther cave, etc.
6) Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Shimla has been one of the most preferred honeymoon destinations among newlywed couples for a long time. This stunning hill station is also an affordable honeymoon destination in India. Its natural beauty, mesmerizing surroundings and colonial architecture offers a perfect atmosphere and setting for honeymooners.
Let us see 'what are the famous things to do in Shimla' for couples!
- Toy train ride: Take a toy train ride with your partner! It is a mountain railway that travels from Kalka to Shimla through green hills offering the view of forests, valleys and snow-capped mountains.
- Jakhu Temple: This temple is devoted to Lord Hanuman and is located at the top of a hill. Trekking to the temple with your partner will fill you with an amazing experience and offers you an opportunity to seek the blessings of the Lord Hanuman.
- Shimla Ridge: It is the centre of the city. After a long day of trekking or sightseeing, you can come here if you want to relax or looking for a cup of coffee.
- Scandal Point: It is located on the ridge road and offers a picturesque view of the snow-capped mountains including sunrise and sunset.
- Camping: It is an exciting activity for the couples where they can spend some time together amidst the mesmerizing valleys and mountains. Some famous camping sites in Shimla are Mashobra Greens, Redwood Camp, and Kheerganga Camping Company.
- Paragliding: If you love adventure, you can try paragliding with your partner. There are lots of natural landscapes in Shimla to take a dive into the sky.
- Johnnie's Wax Museum: Here, you can see the life-size statues of famous personalities such as Harry Potter, Barack Obama, Amir Khan and Tony Stark and more.
- Ice Skating Rink: Shimla has the only open-air natural ice skating rink of India. You can experience ice skating here with your partner.
- Chadwick Waterfall: It is a popular tourist site situated in the Glen Forests. Here, you can see the chilled water of the Himalayas falling from a height of 1580 meters above the sea level and amidst pine and deodar trees.
7) Lakshadweep Islands
Lakshadweep is a beautiful honeymoon destination that is a group of 36 Islands some of which are uninhabited. It is home to numerous exotic beaches blessed with natural beauty, warm lagoons and offers various fun activities on beaches for couples.
Popular things to do in Lakshadweep for couples:
- Snorkelling at Agatti: You can go for snorkelling at Agatti Islands. The shallow shores are perfect to see colourful reefs and underwater sea creatures and plantation.
- Scuba Diving at Kalpeni Island: This Island of Lakshadweep is known for its diverse and colourful underwater life. Try scuba diving if you want to see the exotic fish species in their natural habitat.
- Kadmat Island: Visit this Island if you want to enjoy fishing with your partner. You can take a short helicopter ride from Agatti Island to reach here.
- Kalpeni Island. If you want to see small mosques and structures of architectural significance and taste amazing seafood, visit the Kalpeni Island.
- Kite Surfing: It is an adventurous water sport at Kadmat Island. Try this to add more adventure to your honeymoon tour.
- Canoeing: It is a small boat with a sitting capacity of around 2 persons. The shallow waters of Minicoy Island are perfect for canoeing. You can do it even if you have not tried it before.
- Marine Museum: Apart from beaches, you can go to the marine museum at Kavaratti Island. Here, you can see exotic fish species and other underwater sea creatures.
- Sunset View: The view of the sunset from Minicoy Island is another romantic thing that you can't miss if you are in Lakshadweep for honeymoon.
8) Ooty, Tamil Nadu
Ooty is another popular tourist destination in India that offers lots of romantic spots with lots of attractions. If you are a couple who loves natural beauty, old-world architecture and cool weather, Ooty is a perfect place for you.
Popular things to do in Ooty for couples:
- Toy train ride: Take a ride with your partner in century-old Nilgiri Mountain Railway. It will take you through awe-inspiring, lush green valleys, tunnels, and bridges that you will enjoy definitely.
- Botanical Garden: Ooty also houses the Government Botanical Garden where you can witness over 600 species of flowers and trees over an area of 55 hectares.
- Dolphin's Nose: It is a viewpoint at a height of 1550 meters above sea level. Coming here through hilly terrain, tea plantations and waterfalls to get an amazing view of the valleys and mountains is very exciting.
- Toda Huts: Visit toda hut, a semi barrel-shaped bamboo hut without windows. The local tribe Toda lives in these huts.
- Doddabetta: It is the highest peak in the Nilgiris where you can get the panoramic view of the hill city. Besides this, the Telescope House at this site allows visitors to get the views of the surrounding Nilgiri areas.
- Pykara: It is a beautiful village that is famous for Pykara Waterfall and Pykara Lake. The couples can visit this site for a ride on speedboat or stroll amidst the pine orchards.
- Tea Museum: This museum will tell about the origin and evolution of tea in the Nilgiris hills. It also has a shop to buy souvenir such as teacups, plates, tea leaves, etc.
- Wax World Museum: At this museum, you can see the life-size look-alike wax statues of famous personalities. It is built in the 130-year-old colonial mansion.
- Ooty Boat House: It is popularly known as Ooty Lake and it famous for boating.
9) Darjeeling, West Bengal
Darjeeling is one of the most preferred destinations of honeymooners in India. It is a delightful hill station in West Bengal, India. The acres of sprawling tea plantations and mesmerizing surroundings will make your honeymoon one of the most memorable tours of your life.
Popular things to do in Darjeeling for couples:
- Toy Train Ride: Travel in the toy train that runs through hilly terrain and offers a breath-taking view of the surrounding hills that fills you with love and romance.
- Tiger Hill: It is a popular tourist attraction of Darjeeling. Come to this hill to witness the mesmerizing view of sunrise and the sunlight falling on the snow-covered peaks of Kanchenjunga.
- Sandakphu Trek: You can go enjoy trekking to Sandakphu where you can view the Mount Everest and Kanchenjunga Peak from standing at a height of around 3600 metres.
- Peace Pagoda: It is a sacred Buddhist structure established by the Japanese Buddhist monk Nichidatsu Fujii. It is a place where you can relax and get a serene and tranquil feeling.
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute: It offers various mountaineering course in which you learn rock climbing. You can experience rock climbing and other adventurous activities at this place.
- Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park: If you want to get thrilled, visit this park where you can see Himalayan wolf, snow leopards, the red panda, and more.
- Darjeeling Ropeway: The hill station also offers you a cable car from where you can get a bird's eye view of the city. You can take a scenic ride in Rangeet valley cable car.
- Visit a Tea Garden: Darjeeling is known for its scenic tea plantations. Take a tour of the tea plantation with your partner to witness the sprawling beauty of the tea gardens.
- Batasia Loop: It is one of the best places in Darjeeling for sightseeing. Here, the toy train takes a complete 360 degrees turn around the open-air Gorkha War Memorial.
Kerala is one of the best honeymoon destinations in India. It is home to charming beaches, backwaters, tea gardens, and lots of hill stations that make it a perfect place for couples. Here, you will have lots of romantic experiences and enjoy various activities with you better half.
Let's see some of the popular things to do in Kerala for couples:
- Staying in a Houseboat: You can stay in a boathouse on the backwaters. It offers couples a perfect romantic escape with all modern day comfort and luxuries.
- Heart-shaped lake in Chembra: It is a natural heart-shaped lake in Chembra that is a perfect place for couples to spend some time together in solitude surrounded by hills.
- Camping: You can go for camping in the forests of Wayanad to add more excitement and thrill to your tour. Here, you can spend time under the stars at night and wake up to the views of the valleys and sound of nature in the morning.
- Ayurveda Couple Spa: There are various Ayurvedic spa centres where you can get relaxed and rejuvenate yourself after long and tiring wedding ceremonies.
- Tree House Resort: There are many tree house resorts to stay with your partner if you are looking for a romantic and private stay in the lap of nature.
- Alappuzha Beach: If you want to spend some time together, head to Alappuzha beach that is known for its beautiful blue water, white sands and peaceful surroundings. You can also enjoy some water activities here such as parasailing, kayaking, etc.
- Sunrise: The city is famous for offering lots of stunning views; watching a sunrise on the Marari beaches is one of them. It offers a perfect romantic setting for couples.
- Athirapally Falls: Visit this waterfall if you want to get drenched with your partner! Athirapally falls now known as the Niagara Falls of India.
- Bamboo Rafting: You can have the delightful experience of bamboo rafting on the Periyar Lake located in the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. It is a ride on a boat made of bamboos.