XCode 12 Features
In WWDC, June 2020, Apple announced the release of XCode 12 with all new features and improvements that will be available for developers worldwide. Apple has made many improvements in XCode 12. It includes Swift 5.3, SDKs for iOS 14, iPadOS14, and MacOS Big Sur. There are the following advancements that have been provided by apple along with XCode 12.
1. UI Improvements for macOS Big Sur
There are many improvements done with XCode 12 to make its look and feel compatible with all new macOS Big Sur.
2. Swift and SwiftUI
3. Now, we can create App Clip Target, which provides a small, focused experience from the application. It can be installed quickly.
4. Apple makes it easy to debug in-app purchases with the Storekit testing framework and transaction manager.
5. Mac Catalyst
6. The minimum is provided in the storyboard by the Apple team in the XCode 12 to ease the design. This minimum allows us to have an overview of the entire canvas. It is helpful while navigating among views and View Controllers. We can also on or off this Minimap by selecting Editor -> Canvas -> Minimap.
7. We can now add SVG images in the assets catalog, which helps to reduce the iOS app size. Also, we don't need to provide 1X, 2X, 3X sizes for PNG images.
8. Simulators with XCode 12 are now available in full-screen modes. These simulators will always be on top of all the windows. We can switch on or off this feature by selecting Window -> Stay on Top.