Internal link Building
A text link from one page to another page on the same domain is known as an internal link and creating such links is called internal link building. It is an important SEO technique that enables you to link a new post to another old or popular post to increase the traffic to the new post as well as to provide users more relevant content. The website owner has full control over internal links, so it is important to use it effectively. Link structure should be natural and user-friendly so that users can easily navigate on your website.
Some key benefits of internal link building are:
- User-friendly navigation: It helps improve navigation; when you are reading a page you can also access other similar pages through text links. Thus, it also helps boost page views and to increase your site conversion rate.
- Help provide relevant data: It enables you tell users and search engines that there is more or additional information on other pages of the site about the text they are reading. Thus, you can make sure that your users do not miss any relevant information.
- Decreases bounce rate: By using text links you can /engage users for a longer duration on your site; the user would like to read other related posts or content on other pages using links.
- Helps utilize link juice for other pages: It helps you connect your pages with higher page rank or authority to a relevant content on another page which is low in ranking or not so popular. Thus, you can pass link juice from one page to other pages so that they could perform better. Furthermore, whenever you upload new content or page, you can link it to your existing content which is popular and ranking higher in SERPs.
- Helps add value to pages: Through internal links Google can understand the relationship between the different pages, posts, etc. And thus it can find out which pages on your site cover related information. Thus, it increases the relevance and value of pages.
- Site architecture: Internal linking helps establish site architecture and spread the link juice.
- Page Rank: A page with high PageRank can further improve its PageRank through internal linking and spreading its link juice to other connected pages.
- Better crawling and indexing: The internal architecture helps crawler find deeper pages that are usually not visited. Thus, through internal links it can identify content that was not present in its index. So, a site with good internal linking can expect its new content discovered and indexed by crawler quickly.
- Boosts Organic traffic: By passing the link juice to new pages, it helps improve the ranking of new pages and thus boosts organic traffic.
- Improves click-through rate: Internal links allow users to find more pages on your site that improves the click-through rate.