Off-page optimization refers to all the measures that can be taken outside the website to improve its ranking on search engine result pages. Unlike on-page SEO, it does not deal with the optimization of your site or content itself. So, off-page optimization factors are not in the direct control of the website owner.
Off page optimization is as important as On Page optimization. Without applying off page factors, your website site may not rank as higher as it could be. Off page seo factors such as link building, social media, videos, blogging, etc., are very important for the seo of your website. It helps you get more clicks, more visits, and more exposure on social media. It is a chain of events that occurs one after another. So, it is a long-term process, which is mainly focused on acquiring backlinks to your webpages from social media, authority sites, and social bookmarking.
Types of links for off-page SEO:
Building links is an important part of off page seo. You must be aware of the type of links and the factors that influence the quality of a link to your site before you start building backlinks. There are three types of links, which are as follows:
- Natural Links: This type of links come to your site naturally. You don't have to put effort or make strategies to earn such links. For example, a blogger has written a blog about technologies, and he has mentioned your website link in his blog.
- Built Links: These links are generated through outreach. You have to earn such links by reaching out to webmasters, publishers, or journalists or by promoting the content with an ad campaign.
- Created Links: These links are generated for your website from self-submissions on directories, forums, or press releases.
Off page optimization techniques:
- Creating Shareable Content: Quality content is always the king in SEO. Creating meaningful, relevant content that can be shared is a smart way of generating natural links to your website. So, keep researching and updating your content.
- Influencer Outreach: If you think your content is valuable and is worth to share, don't hesitate to reach out to influencers in your industry. If they like your content, you can get links from them. However, make sure the links come from relevant websites.
- Guest Author: You can post your content as a guest post on other blogs that are open for a guest post from various authors. You are required to write quality content that relates to their blog. If your content does not add value to their blog, they may not allow posting in their blogs.
- Social Media Engagement: It is also an important off-page SEO technique that allows you to make your website or business popular by interacting with people on multiple social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. It will help you get more backlinks.
- Social Bookmarking Sites: These sites offer you a platform to promote your website. You can upload your webpage or blog post on these sites with a link to your site. Thus, you can gain high traffic to your site.
- Forum Submission: You can participate in forums that relate to your website and business and make connections with these communities. It allows you to reply to threads, answer people's questions, and give suggestions. Use "Do-Follow" forums for better results.
- Blog Directory Submission: It allows you to submit your pages in directories to build backlinks. You are required to choose a popular directory and then select a proper category.
- Article Submission: You can also submit your articles in a high PR article submission directory. Your content should be unique and of high quality. Select a relevant category and give a good title to your content.
- Question and Answer: You can also get traffic to your site from question and answer websites. Join popular question and answer sites and answer the questions that are related to your business, blog, or website and answer these questions correctly. Include a link to your site in the answers which will bring you more visibility.
- Video Submission: Find the popular video submission sites. Create impressive videos with proper title, description, tags and reference links and submit in these sites. It is a smart way to get backlinks as most of the video sites have high PR.
- Image Submission: There are many image submission sites where you can share your photos. Optimize your images with the relevant URL, title tag, description, and alt tag before submitting.
- Infographics Submission: You can create infographics, which is a visual representation of information or data such as charts, graphs, etc. Users like infographics. Find some popular infographics submission websites and submit infographics with reference links to your webpage or blog.
- Document Sharing: There are also various document sharing sites that allow you to submit documents either in pdf or ppt formats. Create attractive, relevant documents and submit in those sites that relate to your business, work, etc.
- Web2.0 Submission: It is also an off page seo technique that allows you to create sub domains in high domain authority website. For example, blogger, wordpress, medium, etc.
- Google My Business: It is a free Google product that can be optimized for best local SEO ranking.