Microsoft Access Interview Questions
A list of top frequently asked Microsoft Access interview questions and answers are given below.
1) What is Microsoft Access database?
Microsoft Access database is a relational database management system which combines GUI (Graphical User Interface) with Microsoft Jet database engine. It can import and use data from Access, SQL, Oracle, etc.
This software is used to build application software.
2) What is the way to link the explicit data into Access database?
Follow the instructions given below to link explicit data into Access database:
3) What are the several file extensions in MS Access?
Following are the six file extensions in MS Access:
4) What is maximum size for an Access database?
Maximum size of Access 2.0 version database is 1 gigabyte.
5) Which technique is used to increase the size of database?
Replication is used to increase the size of database.
6) Tell some of the most important uses of MS Access?
Uses of MS Access:
7) What is a super key? How is it different from a candidate key?
A superkey is a set of attributes within a table whose values can be used to uniquely identify a tuple. On the other hand, a candidate key is a minimal set of attributes mandatory to identify a tuple.
A candidate key is also called a minimal super key.
8) What are the various type of relations between different data?
The data within the table can build only three types of relationships:
9) What are the protection features of MS Access?
MS Access protection features are used to protect some documents by locking them. If you do not want to change some document then you can lock the document containing data and its code from modifications by changing file system extension to .MDE. Only the MDE extension files can be changed. One can find specific tools in the market that can be used to decompile and unlock code but changes made to VB scripts are permanent.
10) How can you maintain a relationship between different databases in Access?
Whenever a relationship is established between different databases, the first table of one database considered as a primary key whereas the new field in another database considered as a foreign key.
11) What are queries in MS Access?
Queries can be seen as a request used to perform various operations on data such as sort data, insert data, retrieve data, update data, delete data, etc.
12) How to create a simple query in MS Access 2013?
Follow these instructions to create a simple query:
13) How can you export data in Excel format?
Follow the below steps to export data in Excel format:
14) How a table can be created using Microsoft Access Object Library (MAOL)?
Define a variable of type object and initialize it with CreateTableDef() method.
15) How can you create a form in MS Access 2013?
Follow these instructions to create a form:
16) What is the use of Pivot table?
Pivot table is used for improving the presentation of data. By using Pivot table, you can view data multi-dimensionally. A Pivot table can summarize the data by categories and display trends spread over a range of categories.
17) What are the several methods to enter data in MS Access 2013?
Different methods to enter data in MS Access are:
18) Would you easily automate your MS Access database through menu driven selections?
You can do it by creating a form with customized buttons that point to macros. An easier way is to use MS Access' built in function called "Switchboard Manager". This can be located in Tools/Add-Ins.
19) What is the role of WHERE clause in MS Access?
20) What are the advantages of MS Access over MS SQL Server?
Following are some of the advantages of MS Access over MS SQL Server: