Robotics Interview questions
A list of top frequently asked Robotics Interview Questions and answers are given below.
1) What do you understand by the term, the robotics?
The robotics is a combined branch of engineering and science which deals with the study of development, operation, and control of intelligent robots. The robotics is a part of Artificial intelligence.
The robotics technology is used for the development of machines which can perform a complex human task in a very efficient way.
2) What is a robot?
A robot is a programmable machine which is capable of doing complex tasks automatically with precision and efficiency. The robots can be guided by external or internal input to perform any work.
A robot can be designed as resembled as human or it can be designed as a standard machine look alike.
3) Which was the first industrial robot?
The first industrial robot was "Unimate." It was manufactured by American inventor George Devol in 1950 and used in 1954. It was produced for the transportation of die casting form an assembly line and then welding on auto bodies.
4) What are the Laws of the robotics?
The "Three Laws of the robotics" also known as "Asimov's law," given by the author Isaac Asimov. The three laws are given below:
After that Asimov also added one more law which precedes the other laws:
Zeroth law: A the robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.
5) List the name of the areas where the robotics can be applied?
Now a day's the robotics can be applied to most of the areas to provide efficient work with the highest precision and in less time. So there is an overview of areas where robots can be applied in day to day life as well.
6) What do you understand by "humanoid robot"?
A robot which looks like overall as a Human body is known as a Humanoid robot. A Humanoid robot can have human facial expressions with the features. There are two types of the Humanoid robot to resemble as male and female:
A humanoid robot is entirely an automatic robot which can interact with the Humans and also can react according to the surrounding.
Sophia is a first humanoid which has also got citizenship from the country of Saudi Arabia.
7) What are the basic aspects of the robotics?
The basic aspects of the robotics to create a robot are given below:
8) What are the components of a robot?
There are the basic components of a robot which are given below:
9) Why do we use robots in the industry?
There are the following reasons to use the robots in industry:
10) What is AI? Why do we implement AI in the robots?
Artificial intelligence is a technology which can develop intelligent devices that can react and work as a human being. AI includes:
Implementation of AI in the robots makes a robot intelligent which can perform a complex task, and it can sense the environment and react accordingly.
11) What are various types of sensors used in the robotics?
There are the following sensors which can be used in the robotics:
12) What is a robot Locomotion?
The robot locomotion is a group of methods which a robot used to transport itself from one place to another place. There are various types of robot locomotion, which are given below:-
13) What is Autonomous robot?
A type of robot which can perform any task with autonomy is called an Autonomous robot. An autonomous robot can do work with its own decision without human interaction.
14) What is, "human-robot interaction"?
Human-robot interaction is a field of study which defines an interaction or communication between a robot and Human. The "Three Laws of The robotics" are given on HRI, which defines a safe interaction between a human and a robot.
15) How to send information from the robot sensors to the robot controllers?
We can send any information from the robot sensor to the robot controller through the signal.
16) What is the Pneumatic System in The robotics?
A Pneumatic system is used to drive a machine by using compressed gases. In the robotics, servo motors and electric motors can be replaced by a pneumatic system.
A pneumatic system consists of a cylinder piston which can move up and down direction to create pressure.
17) Name the basic unit of a robot which can be programmed to give instructions to the robot?
The controller is the basic unit of a robot which can be programmed and it can give all type of instructions to perform any tasks.
18) What is the degree of freedom in the robotics? How can it be determined?
The Degree of freedom in the robotics defines the freedom of movement of the mechanical parts of a robot. It defines the modes by which a machine can move.
The Degree of Freedom can be determined as the number of movable joints in the base, the arm, and the end effectors of the robot.
19) What is PROLOG used in Artificial intelligence?
20) What is LISP?
21) What are the axes of movement of the robot?
22) What do you understand by numerical control?
Numerical control is a process of controlling the machine with the help of a computer or sets of instructions.
With the help of numerical control, we can automate the machines.
23) What is Servo controlled robot?
A servo controlled robot is one which works on the servo mechanism. Servo controlled robots are consist of servo motors which processed by the signals. A servo controlled robot can accelerate, that means these robots can change their speed at a different point.
24) Name of the industry which highly used the robots?
The Automobile industry is an industry which highly used robots for production.
25) What are actuators in the robotics?
Actuators are the electromechanical device which converts the electric energy into mechanical energy. Actuators can generate motion in each part of the robot.
26) What types of motors used in industrial robots?
There are various types of motors available, but we can choose a motor for the robotics as per the use of an area. The motor used will depend on how and where a robot is to be used. But there are some common motors which can be used in industrial robotics:
27) What is continuous-path control in the robotics?
When we program a robot for physically move through the trajectory or an irregular path exactly then such type of control is called as Continuous-path control in robotics.
28) If we wanted to add two number a and b, then how it can be written in LISP language?
If we wanted to add two numbers a and b, then it can be written as (+a b) in LISP language.
29) What is the use of the function (copy-list <list>) in LISP?
This function is used to return the copy of the defined list.
30) What is the Future of The robotics?
There are the following areas where the robotics can be used vastly in future
31) What are industrial robots? Explain the various types of Industrial robots?
Industrial robots are those robots which mainly work for manufacturing and production in industries.
There are various types of robots which are being used in multiple areas depending on their work, and the following are the description of some industrial robots:
32) What is a microcontroller? What is the use of the microcontroller in the robotics?
A Microcontroller is a small programmable integrated chip which is used in the embedded system. It consists of a processor, memory with I/O peripherals.
In robotics, the microcontroller is used as "brain" for the robot. It controls all the actions performed by the robot. It also gives instructions to a robot to perform any task.