jQuery v/s AngularJS
The basic differences between jQuery and AngularJS are listed as follows.
- AngularJS is a framework, whereas jQuery is a library that is used for DOM manipulation.
- On large projects, sometimes jQuery is difficult to maintain, but AngularJS is manageable with large projects.
- Sometimes with jQuery, we require to code more to achieve the same functionality, but with AngularJS, we have to code less as compared to jQuery.
- jQuery doesn't include a two-way binding feature, whereas AngularJS includes two-way data binding, directives, MVC, etc. as its key features.
- Although jQuery is best for the flexible website, but for the attractive and best quality single page application for the client, we can choose Angular.
Difference between jQuery and AngularJS
Now, let's see the comparison between jQuery and AngularJS.
|On the basis of
|Developed and Released
||It is created by John Resig, and it is released on 26th August 2006.
||It is initially developed by Adam Abrons and Misko Hevery in 2009.
||jQuery is easy to learn and understand. It is hard to understand.
||It has multiple features listed as follows.
- HTML/DOM manipulation
- CSS manipulation
- AJAX support
- JSON parsing
- Effects and animations
- Extensibility through plugins
- Event handling, etc.
|The features list of AngularJS is given as follows.
- Two-way data binding
- MVC (Model view controller)
- Routes, etc.
AngularJS can do better the things done by jQuery. Angular is enough to create complex single-page web applications. AngularJS is a solution to the multiple problems that are not solved by jQuery.