The Design Center in AutoCAD provides access to other drawings, hatches, blocks, etc. in our drawing area.
The Design Center allows to access the features, which are listed below:
- Drag the blocks, drawings, and other tools.
- Create shortcuts of different folders, which can be accessed quickly.
- It allows us to open the drawing files in a new window.
- It will enable us to insert, paste, and copy the definitions into our current drawing.
- It also allows us to browse the content on the web page, network drive, and on our computer.
Let's understand with an example.
To access the Visual Styles.
The steps are listed below:
- Click on View < Design Center present on the ribbon panel, as shown below:
Type DC on the command line < press Enter.
- A dialog box will appear, which will appear as:
- Select the Visualstyles option from the drop-down list, as shown above.
- The dialog box will appear, as shown in the below image:
- Choose the desired styles from the list of styles according to your choice.
To select the LineTypes, click on the Linetype option, as shown below:
The Layer option in the Design Center displays different existing layers on the current drawing.
It is shown in the below image: