Central University of Kashmir
The Central University of Kashmir, formerly known as the Central University of Jammu and Kashmir, is a central university in the Ganderbal district of Jammu and Kashmir. Its acronym is Kashmir. The Central Universities Act, 2009, a Parliamentary Act passed by the Government of India in March 2009, created it. The institution officially began operations in May 2009.
- A famous academician and former vice-chancellor of the University of Kashmir, Abdul Wahid Qureshi, was appointed and joined as the Central University of Kashmir's first vice-chancellor in March 2009. (Formerly known as the Central University of Jammu and Kashmir).
- In May 2009, the administrative office space built up at 101, Baghi-Hyder, Hyderpora, started operating with a skeleton crew of employees hired on a deputation/contract basis.
- In June 2010, significant appointments were made to various administrative positions, including the first, deputy, and assistant registrar.
- A Common Entrance Test for admission to MBA, M.Sc. Information Technology and M.A. English programs were formerly conducted on June 19 and 20 at 30 locations around India in cooperation with 6 other Central Universities.
- In August 2010, Sonwar became the University's transit campus site.
- A boy's hostel was originally built at Sonwar to accommodate college students traveling from various regions of the State and Country.
- In February 2011, a transportation facility was built nearby to promote the verbal interchange of college students traveling to and from the University.
- The CPWD received information about the work involved in determining the land boundaries for the University Campus at Gander BAL and using contour maps.
- From the Academic Session 2011, three larger Masters Programs in Economics, Mathematics, Convergent Journalism, and one in Integrated BALLB were available.
- At one time, Magarmal Bagh was home to a university academic building and hostel for boys and girls.
- Various teaching positions in Administration Studies, English, Data Innovation, Regulation, Merged News coverage, and Math underwent significant adjustments in February 2012.
- For the 2012 academic year, three larger master's programs were introduced in Urdu, education, and tourism management.
- From Academic Session 2012, two integrated M.Phil. /Ph.D. programs in management and English and an LLM program were also available.
- For Academic Session 2013, Politics was added as a second master's program. The B.Ed program was originally introduced during the academic year 2014.
- Three further Coordinated BSc/MSc programs in material science, zoology, and biotechnology have been introduced for the 2015-16 academic year.
- Ed. and Comparative Religions are two more master's programs introduced for the 2015 academic year.
- The University will offer creative advice to support the work already being done by the State's existing universities. According to the Central Government's policy on reservations, instructors would be hired on an all-India basis, and college students will be admitted. The University will use various nationwide locations to hold a national entrance exam for admission.
- All programs will run on a semester system to provide curriculum space and promote faster learning. All educational programs will include Core, Elective, Skill-based, and Social-Oriented courses focusing on the student's overall character development.
- The curriculum will be regularly updated and revised following current knowledge, national and international advancements, and the applicability of new concepts, principles, and understanding to the relevant subject.
- Continuous internal assessment will examine the skills, Knowledge, and values ingrained in the pupils. The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), the Student Guidance and Counseling Center, the ICT Facilitation Center for teaching technological know-how tools, website maintenance, and networking of campus and departments, the E-governance Facilitation Center to coordinate digital administration as an end-to-end solution, and the Student Placement Cell to be a part of the Institute. The library, internet, cafeteria, fitness center, hostels, and transportation facilities will all be offered to students as "Grade services. All eligible scholars are guaranteed scholarships.
- The campus will be built using the present design with elements of a novice campus and energy-efficient structures. Future growth planning and the household economic system are essential components of the strategy. Campuses are equipped with a comprehensive, integrated security and surveillance system that uses cutting-edge technical devices, including smart cards (biometrics), electronic intrusion detection systems, CCTV, etc.
According to the Central Universities (Amendment) Act of 2009, the Central University of Kashmir's objectives is to:
- Disseminate and advance Knowledge by providing educational and research services in any fields of mastery that the University may find appropriate;
- Should provide special allowances for integrated humanities, social sciences, science, and technology courses in its educational programs;
- To implement beautiful strategies to promote innovations in the teaching and learning process and cross-disciplinary studies and research.
- To train and educate people to develop the workforce;
- To create connections with businesses to advance science and technology, and
- Must give special consideration to the growth of the population's welfare, intellectual, academic, and cultural well-being, as well as the social and economic conditions.
The Mission of the Central University of Kashmir (CUK) is to meet financial, educational, health, and social needs while advancing people's social, educational, financial, and social progress by providing outstanding research projects that lead to four-year certificates.
CUET results will solely determine admission to specialized courses at CUK, beginning in the academic year 2022-23. Although the institution offers admissions based on CUET results, you must meet certain requirements established by the University to be eligible for the admissions process.
CUK Eligibility Criteria after CUET 2023
The sole way to enroll at the Central University of Kashmir is to take the NTA CUET Exam in 2023.
You should be aware of the requirements for the specific course you are looking for at the University because the eligibility requirements differ for each application at the institution. You must confirm that you understand the program's eligibility requirements, qualification requirements, other conditions, and the minimum subject requirements.
According to the relevant program, you must select the language, domain-specific subjects, and standard test. Also, notice that NTA will now not be held liable for picking the subjects, opted program, or eligibility criteria/ circumstances.
- Before applying, candidates must register on NTA's official website at https://nta.ac.in/. Only online applications are accepted from eligible individuals to take the CUET. Candidates may review the instructions before applying. Candidates can visit the NTA's reliable website at https://nta.ac.in/.
- The correct email address and mobile number must be entered to get confirmation SMSes via NTA.
- Candidates should correctly provide their private and academic information.
- It is necessary to upload scanned copies of the applicant's signature, picture, transcript, and other certifications.
- The utility fees must be paid online (with a credit card, debit card, or net banking).
- Candidates are required to print out the utility structure for their records.
- Valid cell number
- Scanned copies of Photographs (passport sized)
- Valid Email-ID
- Category Certificate (if any)
- Scanned signature (min 50kb)
- Mark sheets of Class 10 and 12
The two components that make up the eligibility requirements are educational qualification and minimum required marks. University will only admit students who meet all of the requirements.
You must determine if you meet the college's eligibility requirements before submitting the NTA CUET Application Form 2023.
Central University of Kashmir U.G. /P.G. Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates need to have 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD) in 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as the most important concern from a diagnosed board for getting admission into B.Sc-M.Sc in Mathematics/ Physics.
- Candidates need to have 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD) in 10+2 with Biology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry as the most important concern from a diagnosed board for getting admission into B.Sc-M.Sc in Zoology.