GD Goenka University
Mr. A.K. Goenka founded the GD Goenka Group of Industries. GD Goenka University is a private university established in 2013 by GD Goenka groups of Industries with the help of the Haryana private universities. The University was located in Haryana, Gurugram, and Sohna in India.
The University was approved by UGC (University Grant Commission), and the GD Goenka University worked with the Motto of "Foundation to Flight". The Chancellor of GD Goenka University is Renu Goenka, and the president of GD Goenka University is Mr. Suku Bhaskaran.
The GD Goenka University is spread over a wide area of 60 acres. According to the TIMES report, GD Goenka University is among the top Engineering Institutes. Also, the University stood first among the upcoming emerging BBA institutes. The information was presented by TIMEr 2019. GD Goenka University offers undergraduate, post-graduate, and Doctoral courses to students studying Engineering, management, Science, Design, and Doctoral. The University conducts an entrance test conducted by the University in GATA, and the ranking and Cut-off criteria are decided for the admission of the students. GD Goenka University also gets recognition from organizations like PCI, BCI, COA, UGC, and NCTE.
Ranking of GD Goenka University
- The Forbes Magazine profiled GD Goenka University as a "Thought Leader in Higher Education".
- In London, at the House of Commons, GD Goenka University is Honored as A Global League Indian University Skill Tree Great Place to Study from 2014 to 2016.
- In the report presented by Edutainment GD Goenka, University's Fashion and design were ranked as the 2nd most popular emerging institute in the country in 2015.
- As per the report presented by THE TIMES, the Engineering Institute of GD Goenka University is ranked among the top 3 private Engineering institutes.
- GD Goenka University is also featured in the Forbes India MARQUEE as "The Indian Institute 2015" per the skill tree special edition.
- In 2015, CEGR recognized GD Goenka University as Best University in India for Industry Interface.
- As per the report presented by The TIMES, GD Goenka University was ranked number 3 among the emerging Business Institutes of India in 2017.
- As per the survey conducted by The TIMES in 2017 and 2018, GD Goenka, a University, is categorized as one of the top 2 universities in the country.
- As per the survey by The TIMES, the Business school GD Goenka University was ranked 2nd among the other Universities in the country in 2018.
- As per the report of ASSOCHAM, GD Goenka University is ranked number 2 among other private Universities in the Northern part of the country.
- ASSOCHAM also give Educational Excellence Award by GD Goenka University for "Best Upcoming University".
- GD Goenka University also received the Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award for its excellent progress among other Private Universities in India.
- For Industry Interface, GD Goenka University got the Best University in India as per the report of CEGR in 2017.
- By ASSOCHAM, GD Goenka University was awarded" GEM Certified Sustainable Building" in the year 2020.
- QS I-Gauge rated the GD Goenka University as Gold.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to GD Goenka University
For admission to GD Goenka University, the Candidate should have clear the following requirements:
- The Candidate applying for GD Goenka University must have to clear the University's entrance test and secure a proper rank for admission.
- For admission in BE (Bachelor of Engineering), the Candidate should have cleared the entrance exam conducted by GD Goenka University, or candidates who ranked in JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) can also be considered for admission in their desired Engineering Stream.
- The Candidate must fill in an amount of INR 1000 while filling out the admission form for the University, and a student from another country has to fill in INR 10000 while filling out the admission form.
- For admission to PG (Postgraduate) course, the Candidate has to clear the entrance exam conducted by the University and also, and they must have to score a minimum of 60% in UG (Under Graduate).
- For admission in a Doctoral course, the Candidate must clear the GATE examination or score a minimum of 50% in M.Phil.