Uttaranchal University, Dehradun, is a private university established in 2013; the University is situated in Prem Nagar Dehradun in the lap of nature. Uttaranchal University Dehradun offers its students a variety of UG and PG courses.
Uttaranchal University is a group of Institutes that includes the School of Liberal arts, established in the year 2019; the School of Media and Mass communications studies, based in the year 2018; the School of Hospitality Management, set in the year 2018; the law college Dehradun established in the year 2002; the Uttaranchal Institute of management and Uttaranchal Institute of Technology which was established in the year 2006; the Uttaranchal Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, the School of Agriculture, University of Polytechnic and the School of applied and life Science were established in the year 2016. The University provides both UG and PG courses to the students. Moreover, the Campus covers a wide area of almost 70 acres
Admission to the University is based on the entrance exam and the marks scored in the 12th class. Uttaranchal University is a private university established in 2013; UGC approves the University.
The University offers nine different courses with different specializations. The aspiring candidate can fill out the application form online, and the candidate can also be admitted to the University through entrance exams like JEE Mains and UUEE (Uttaranchal University Entrance Exam). For courses like BBA, LLB, MBA, BCA, and Journalism, admission is made based on a merit list and various rounds of Interviews.
Many top recruiters in the University include Trident Groups, Tata Consultancy Services, Extramarks, Gate, Hashedin, Vincular, Textron, Ozone, Optimus, Sys Tool, and KPRELIABLE.
Ranking and Rewards of Uttaranchal University
- The University is ranked among the top 50 private Universities in India as per the report of India Today and also among the top universities in the Country.
- The University is also ranked 27th by the Week among all the Multi-disciplinary Universities of North Zone.
- Among all the Law Schools in the Country, Uttaranchal University's Law School has been ranked 21st.
- The WEEK has ranked Uttaranchal University's Law School as 10th among other private Law Schools in the Country.
- Uttaranchal University, Dehradun, has been ranked 4th in the north zone and the Top University in Uttarakhand by the WEEK.
- Also, the India Today Group ranked the Law School of Uttaranchal University as 1st in Uttarakhand and 10th among the other private Law School in the Country.
Awards Won by Uttaranchal University
- Uttaranchal University has been awarded Excellence in research and innovation in Shiksha Shikhar Samman.
- The University has been awarded as the best private University by Divya Himgiri Uttarakhand State Law Commission, Samparan University, and the Human right protection center.
Facilities Provided by Uttaranchal University
- Library: The Library of Uttaranchal University has almost all the books regarding technology, Arts, Journals, and magazines. The study material of the University is stored on pen drives, Hard Disks, and CDs. Also, the University provides access to E-library to the students. The library timings are also flexible for the students of all branches, and the Hostelers can access the library at night.
- Computer Labs: The University has various computer labs for operating systems like Linux, Ubuntu, Windows, and Mac Operating System. The University has high-speed internet connectivity, approximately 1000 MBPS, connected to the Hostel, Library, and Computer labs.
- Auditorium: The University has a fully air-conditioned, well-furnished Auditorium with almost 1250 students.
- Hostel: The University also provides Hostel facilities to the students. There are 2 room sets, 3 room sets, and 4 room sets available for both girls and boys. The rooms are fully furnished with separate Almirahs, ventilated adequately with study tables and individual chairs, and the mess is also attached to the Hostel.
- Medical Facility: The University also provides proper medical facilities to the students, the medical room is open all time, and if a student is injured within the University premises, they can easily claim 75000 INR from the University.