University of Greenwich
- Earlier Names: Woolwich Polytechnic (1890-1970) and Thames Polytechnic (1970-1992)
- Budget: 214.9 million pounds
- Place: London
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Formation: 1890
- Student Population: 35000+
- Overseas Student Percentage: 35%
- Endowment: 1.29 million GBP
- Program Type: Part-time, online, and Full time
- Intake: Semester
- Mode of Application: Online
- Cost of Attendance (Average): 28,040 GBP
- Affiliations: Association of Commonwealth Universities, EUA, University Alliance, Universities UK
- Website: gre.ac.uk.
Why Should Someone Study at the University of Greenwich?
- Admission Conditions: Apart from academic performance, International Students must have financial documents, proof of personal experience, LOR, and a personal statement for enrolling into the University of Greenwich.
- Placements: 90% of students who have finished their undergraduate program get employed within six months. Graduates passed out from this university receive package of 81,000 GBP per annum. The University offers placement opportunities in top companies like FTI Consulting, HP, Bank of England, and IBM.
- Acceptance Rate: Merit-based Students have more chances to get into the University quickly. The University shows a light selective acceptance rate of 64%.
- Cost of Attendance
- Tuition Fees (International Students): 14 Lakh INR (UG and PG courses)
- Tuition Fees (Faculty of Business): 15.4 lakh- 16 lakh INR
- Scholarships: Scholarship of an amount up to 5,000 GBP is given to the merit bases and need-based students for International Students in the UK.
- Programs: The University of Greenwich provides more than 250 programs in different levels of study. The University is known for providing education through online, offline, and blending modes.
Top Programs at the University of Greenwich
Information regarding the top education offered at the University of Greenwich are:
||Fees per annum
|B.Sc Computer Science
|MA Logistics and Supply Chain Management
|M.Sc Construction Project Management
|MA Strategic Marketing
|MA Logistics and Supply Chain Management
|M.Sc in Finance and Investment
|Bachelors in Cybernetics
|MBA International Business
|M.Sc Computer Science
|M.Phill Business and Research
|M.Eng Mechanical Engineering
|B.Engg Computer Engineering
|M.Sc Computer Science and Network Engineering
|M.Sc in Nursing
Rankings conducted by some of the top reputed agencies are given below:
|US News and World Report
||Best Global University
|Times Higher Education
||World University Rankings
|Shanghai Jiao Tong University
||Academic Ranking of World Universities
|Top Universities QS
||World University Rankings
Accommodations and Campus
It has three campuses in London and Medway, including Medway, Avery Hill Campus, and Greenwich Campus. These campuses are easily accessible by train, bus, and car and closely connected with airports to give easy access to international students traveling with visas for study purposes in the United Kingdom. Avery Hill campus provides courses like medicine, nursing, and social work. Medway Campus has the facilities like a world-class learning resource centre, sports facilities, and a state-of-the-art laboratory. Greenwich campus has various social, teaching, research, and library studio facilities.
University also comes forward for international students who wish to live in private accommodation searching for convenient and affordable student housing in the UK. The University of Greenwich has 2,400 accommodations available for the students, and it includes off-campus and on-campus accommodation facilities. Avery Hill Campus itself is sufficient to accommodate more than 1200 students. The Cost of accommodation at the University of Greenwich is around: 12000 INR/week and 6.88 lakh/year. Students can apply for on-campus accommodation through an online portal. Regularly check the status of the application. Housing is guaranteed for new students at the University of Greenwich if they apply within the deadlines.
Programs given by the University of Greenwich are categorized into four distinct faculties: Human Sciences, Liberal Arts and Sciences, education, the business school, and health. University also gives probation for professionals to polish their expertise and skills, foundational courses for incoming students, and prepare them for further study. The University of Greenwich International College offers UG and PG courses to Foreign Students.
- Admission Requirement: English language qualification, full academic transcript, qualifications, and references
- Application Portal: Students have the option available to apply through an authorized in-country representative, UCAS, or through the online application form.
- Extra Documents: Applicants have to submit extra documents for verification purposes. Some of them are:
- Personal Statement
- Course-Specific Requirements
- Work Experience (If demanded)
English Proficiency Tests
Foreign Students whose first speaking language is not English have to go through an English test. The table given below underlines the IELTS score and acceptance for several courses.
|MSc Nursing and MA TESOL, BSc in Nursing and Midwifery
||7.0 with 7.0 in each section
|All LLB programs, BA and BSc in Architecture, Criminal Justice, Business Psychology, Criminology MA + Msc Degrees (Faculty of Education, Human Sciences and Health), MA + Msc Degrees (Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences),
||6.5 with 5.5 in each section
|MSc Degrees+ MA, MBA (Business Schools), MSc Degrees (Faculty of Engineering and Science)
||6.0 with 5.5 in each section
The University of Greenwich also allows English tests like PTE, TOEFL, PBT, and, PBT, TOEFL (iBT). Students with other than IELTS English results are advised to reach out to the international admission team at [email protected] to confirm the acceptance and minimum acceptable score of the test. An applicant who has obtained more than 70% marks in English in high school does not have to appear before an English language test.
Applicants with insufficient English language knowledge can admit themselves to the Pre-sessional English courses at GRE.
Cost of Attendance
Tuition fees for the various courses are tabulated below:
||Fees per Year (in GBP)
|Postgraduate taught courses- faculty of engineering and science/ Education and Health/ Arts and Science
|Postgraduate taught courses- Faculty of Business/ Year 3 direct entry
Apart from tuition costs, other expenses are given below:
- Room and Board: 9,000 (in GBP)
- Leisure (other): 3,000 (in GBP)
- Books and Supplies:300 (in GBP)
- Transportation: 500 (in GBP)
- Medical Insurance: 240 (in GBP)
The University of Greenwich aims to enhance and influence social policy, health, education, computing, engineering, and science. It attracts global corporations like (Merck Consumer Health, Pfizer, GE Aviation, Airbus, BAE Systems, and GlaxoSmithKline), international agencies, and government departments from 50 nations. Areas of consultancy and research include:
- Social network analysis
- Public Services
- Fire Safety
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Natural Resources
- Educational Leadership
- Landscape architecture
- Natural Resources Institutes of the University has created an artificial cow that attracts and kills tsetse flies. It received recognition from Universities UK Survey in 2009 and was identified as one of the ten most significant discoveries made in the United Kingdom in the last 60 years.
- Two scientists at the University of Greenwich have made a technology that turns Industrial waste and contaminated land into harmless pebbles, capturing large amounts of carbon dioxide simultaneously.
- Greenwich Maritime Institute has contributed to research in economics and maritime history, for example, the exploration of the governance of the river Thames and its effects on the economic development of the adjacent communities.
The University conducts employability workshops to help students passing out from this University, and they also hold programs on networking events, career mentorships, and capacity building. Undergraduates Students are given opportunities for unpaid and paid internships in global institutes to gain experience and help them to see practical knowledge, and a career boost.
- Students who want to open their business after college and are provided with specialist business support to enhance their business ideas
- People in business, Entrepreneurs, and Investors are invited to the University Career fair to make connections with students and top firms.
- Median salaries of the graduates and alums of the University of Greenwich by degree are mentioned below:
||Average Salary in GBP
|Bachelor of Science
|Masters in Science
The University of Greenwich provides merit-based and need-based help to international students. International students are given government grants and sponsorships to continue their studies.
Some of the scholarships for international students in the UK are:
- Alumni PG Award amounting to up to 5,000 GBP is given to the graduates of the school continuing their study in a non-government funded master's research course.
- The Ann Packer Sports Scholarships is offered to UG and PG students in their 1st year with an impressive record and deep interest in sports. Interested students have to forward their names with evidence of sports achievements.
- David Fussey Choral Exhibition Bursary amounts to 1,000 GBP for UG and PG students chosen to join the University Choir group. The bursary is extended for a maximum of 3 years upon meeting all the conditions for the renewal.
The University of Greenwich has a long list of alumni that exceeds 50,000 members, and it includes industry leaders, professionals, business owners, etc. Numerous benefits are enjoyed by the Graduates of the University of Greenwich, and they are:
- Discounted Gym Memberships rates
- Alumni Postgraduate Discount
- Networking Opportunities
- Library facility and Free Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) on the campus
- Maximum of two years of Employability and Career help after graduation
- Discounted membership to the South London Club
- Gareth Hale: British Comedian
- Byron Cole: CEO of the BLC Group and Best-selling Author
- Steve Kings: CEO of Public Media
- Roy Hodgson: Football Manager, Crystal Palace Football Club
- Charles K. Kao (Noble Laureate): Electrical Engineer and Physicist
- Mark Daly: Irish Senator
- Pippa Guard: Actress
- Liam Brown: Author
Commonly Asked Questions
Ques- When does registration commence and end?
Ans: Latest and current updates are available on the registration web pages. Candidates are advised to visit the web pages for the latest updates.
Ques: Does University give financial help to students from weak financial backgrounds?
Ans: Yes, Students can reach out to the access learning Fund. Email [email protected] for relevant consultancy.
Ques: What should I do if I have asked for the incorrect loan?
- Visit Online Student Finance England Account and
- "Make a change to your application".
- When this is not possible, reach out to Student Finance England to make a necessary modification.
Ques: What to do if Student has uploaded the wrong file?
Ans: The Student can overwrite the file you uploaded with another file, but a student should be mindful of the deadline submission. Inform the module leader if you have committed a mistake.