List of courses after 12th Commerce
The Commerce stream is one of the popular streams. Nowadays, as students are more attracted to vocational and job oriented courses, Commerce is considered as one of the best choices.
Now the question arises what is Commerce and what subjects are there in Commerce stream? The meaning of Commerce is trade, business, the activity of buying and selling. So basically Commerce is related to the economic and business aspects. Therefore the subjects in Commerce stream are economics, accountancy, finance, business, mathematics, marketing, income tax, auditing, etc.
After 12th in Commerce stream, there are several courses for the students. They can go for bachelor's degree and diploma courses and can also do ITI courses as well as the certificate course. Now I am giving the lists of the popular and good courses.
Bachelor degrees for commerce aspirants
List of bachelor degrees as well as professional courses after 12th Commerce with eligibility, cut off marks, and fee structure.
- B.Com (Hons): Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) is one of the very popular and important courses. It is a 3 years undergraduate degree course with a semester pattern (6 semesters). The eligibility of the course is 12th pass in Commerce stream. The cut-off mark varies from college to college, and the fee structure also varies as it is 10 thousand to 50 thousand. This course is good for a future career in finance, CA, accountancy and taxation.
- B.Com (Pass): Bachelor of Commerce (Pass) is also a 3 years degree course with a semester pattern, but it provides only the overview of the subjects in comparison to B.Com (Hons.) that provide in-depth of the same subjects. B.Com (Hons.) passed students get more job opportunities. However, the eligibility of both courses is the same as the 12th pass, but the cut-off of B.Com (Hons.) is higher than B.Com (Pass). The fee structure of B.Com (Pass) is also the same as 10-50 thousand.
- BBA: Bachelor of Business Administration is 3 years degree course in business administration with a semester system (6 Semester). The eligibility of the course is 12th pass, and the marks cut-off should be above 50%. However, the cut-off marks vary from college to college. The fee structure of the course is 1 lakh to 2.5 lakh. It is also a good course for a future career in management as well as in entrepreneurship.
- BCA: Bachelor of Computer Applications is a 3 years undergraduate degree course with 6 semesters. Minimum eligibility for the BBA course is 50% in 12th, and it varies from college to college. The fee structure of the course is 2 to 3 lakh. It is a very good course for a future career in computer programming as well as in software development.
- BAF: Bachelor of Accounting and Finance is 3 years undergraduate degree course divided into six semesters. The eligibility criteria are a minimum of 50% in 12th. The fee structure of the course is 2 to 3 lakh. This course is a good option for making a career in accounting and finance.
- BFM: Bachelor of Financial Markets is a 3 years undergraduate degree course divided into 6 semesters. The qualification required for the course is 12th. Admission is done through the entrance examination. The fee structure of the course is 50 thousand per year. The course is good for making a career in finance, taxation, stockbroker, accountancy etc.
- BBI: Bachelors in Banking and Insurance is a 3 years undergraduate degree programme divided into 6 semesters. The eligibility of the course is 12th pass, and the admission is done on the basis of the entrance examination. The fee for the course is 14 thousand to 5 lakh. The scope of the course has a wide range as the student can go for master's like MBA and can make their career in stock marketing, investment, trading, banking, auditing, etc.
- B.A (Hons) in Business Economics: It is 3 years undergraduate course divided into 6 semesters. The eligibility criteria are a minimum of 50 % in 12th, and the admission is done through the entrance examination. It is applied economics explains the business enterprises, marketing, products etc. the fee structure of the course is 45 -3.5 lakh per year. The career option is broad after this course. The student can go for masters as well as they can do the job like financial advisor, marketing consultant, data analyst, finance analyst etc.
- B.A Economics: It is a 3 years undergraduate course explaining the concept, nature and definition of economics. The eligibility for this course is also 12th passes. The fee for the course is 10 thousand to 1.5 lakh. However, it varies from college to college. The career option is that students can go for master's and doctoral degrees, or they can do jobs as a stockbroker, auditor, investment banker, financial analyst etc.
- B.A (Hons) English: It is a 3 years undergraduate degree course. Eligibility for this course is 12th pass and must have English subjects in 12th. The fee for the course is 8 thousand to 1.3 lakh. The course has a wide range of career options as they go for the master's and doctoral degree as well as make their career in mass communication, journalism, marketing & advertising, creative writing, content writing, law, etc.
- B.A in Visual Communication: It is a 3 years degree course. It is a new course emerging in India and like the graphic designing course. In this course, students learn about transmitting information through print and visual media. The eligibility for the course is 12th pass and for admission done on the basis of the entrance test. The fee structure of the course is 30 thousand to 3 lakh. The career opportunity after this course is very broad as the student can get a job around the world. They can make their career in animation, graphic designing, creative director web designing, journalism photographer, digital artist, visual designer and many more.
- B.sc (Hons) Statistics/B.Stat (Hons): It is a 3 years undergraduate course. The minimum eligibility for the course is 55% in 12th, and the admission is done on the basis of the entrance examination. The fee structure for the course is 12 thousand to 2.75 lakh. This course is good for a future career in analyst, software developer, finance, etc. the students can also take the examinations like Indian statistical services and Indian economic services etc.
- Languages Courses: Afte the 12th, students can do various types of foreign languages courses that include 3 years undergraduate course and 2 years postgraduate course and also 1-year diploma and 6 months certificate course. The eligibility for the course is 12th pass, or in some universities, admission is done on the basis of the entrance test. The fee structure varies subject to subject or college to college. It is from 50 thousand to 3 lakh (UG), 1 lakh for diploma, 10-50 thousand for the certificate course. The career options are broad in this course like translator, teacher, blogger, tour guide, travel agent, interpreter etc.
- Mass Communication/Journalism: It is a 3 years degree and 2 years diploma course. The eligibility is 12th, and admission is done on an entrance examination basis. The fee for 3 years course is 1 to 2 lakh and for 2 years course is 14 thousand-80 thousand. The career options are very broad, like in the journalism sector, films & TV, editing, scriptwriting, newspapers & magazines, radio etc.
- BA LLB: Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Legislative Law is 5 years course divided into 10 semesters. It is a professional course for making a career in law and judiciary. The eligibility for the course is 12th. And admission is done on the thorough entrance examination. The fee for the course is 1.5 lakh to 15 lakh. My future career in this course is mostly in the government sector like a lawyer, legal advisor, legal counsellor etc.
- BBS: Bachelor of Business Studies is a 3 years undergraduate programme. The eligibility is 12th, and admission is done through the entrance test. The fee for the course is 30 thousand to 40 thousand. The future career opportunity in the course is in finance, business, analyst, product manager, human resource manager etc.
- BFA: Bachelor of Fine Arts is a 2-4 years undergraduate applied art course. It is also referred to as a visual art course. The subjects in this course are photography, painting, animation, sculpture etc. The eligibility for the course is 12th, and admission is done through the entrance test. The fee structure is 30 thousand to 3 lakh. The career options in this course are very wide as a photographer, art teacher or director, cartoonist, theatre artist, visual designer, musician etc.
- CA: Chartered Accountancy is a highly professional course with a time duration of 4.5-5 years for 12th pass students. There are three levels of CA course: foundation, intermediate and final course. The time duration of the foundation course is 4 months. For the Intermediate, the time duration is 8 months. The time duration for the Articleship and final is around 3 years. Overall, if the candidate clears all the levels in the first attempt, only then he or she can complete the course in 4.5 years. The total fees for CA course are 2-2.5 lakh. The future and career of CA are very broad and bright as it is one of the highest paying jobs in India. Job options for CA are auditing, finance & accountancy, taxation, treasury function, etc.
- CS: Company Secretary: It is a 3 years professional course conducted by the institute of company secretaries of India. There are three levels in this course: Foundation course (8 months), Intermediate also called Executive course (9 months), and final also called professional course (10 months). The fee structure for the first level is 3600, the second level is 7000, and the third level is 12000. The future of this course is also bright as the students could get gob in the government sectors, in the private sectors, in the stock exchange. The experienced candidate could get a job as an MD or chairman at any company.
Note: The fees structure for admission to various courses can vary depending on the desired institute or university.
Diploma Courses for commerce aspirants
List of Diploma courses after 12th Commerce with the time duration:
||Banking and Finance
||Writing & journalism
||One or three years
||Six months-one years