Assertive Sentence Example
A declarative or assertive sentence is one whose main purpose is to declare something. In other terms, such statements make a declaration or assertion to the audience or reader. They usually conclude with a full stop (.).
Definition of Assertive Sentence
An assertive sentence is a simple sentence that proclaims any sentence to be a statement, occurrence, any event, experience, thought, or scenario; as a result, an assertive sentence is also known as a Declarative Sentence.
Types of Assertive or Declarative Sentences
- Affirmative or Positive Sentences: These sentences convey a positive or affirmative tone.
- Negative Sentences: These sentences convey negative vibes, feelings, and emotions.
Affirmative Sentences- Assertive Sentence Examples
- Netaji Subhash Chandra is India's glory .
- Shivaji was a courageous soldier .
- India is a sovereign country .
- Calcutta is home to people from diverse communities .
- Germany was vanquished in World War II .
- The sun comes up towards the east .
- Varanasi is regarded as the world's oldest city .
- Ancient Greece was Europe's glory .
- The cyclone caused the deaths of 200 individuals .
- Babu Rajendraprasad was India's 1st President .
Negative Sentences - Affirmative Sentence Examples
- Man cannot survive in the absence of water .
- No individual is entirely free .
- Mahesh is not exceptionally bright .
- No individual can live indefinitely .
- The sun does not rotate around the earth .
- Nobody cares about Bappa .
- I'm not terrified of dying .
- There is no joy in the absence of pain .
- Sunil babu is a nonsmoker .
- My mother did not sleep last night .
- The blind are unable to see .
- There is not a single cloud in the sky .
- You have no logic .
- Do not walk in the heat .
- Do not experiment with flames .
Assertive Sentence Examples - Type 3
- A selfish man has no sense of self-esteem .
- The sky is clear .
- This girl is very studious .
- Deenu is not feeling well .
- I'm no longer employed .
- Bibas did not arrive on time .
- It rarely rains in the winter .
- The pen is stolen .
- Shiana missed the train .
- Today, my dad is feeling a little better .
- He is only eleven years old .
- I can't read a single word of Hindi .
- He couldn't walk the trek because he was too tired .
- Eve was compelled to eat the fruit .
- Man cannot survive without air .
- I couldn't stop crying .
- There was nobody in the village who did not adore Sumi .
Assertive Sentence Examples - Type 4
- Have you seen our new professor? I haven't, no .
- Was there a workstation on the platform? There wasn't any .
- Do you dislike watching films? No, I don't .
As a negative determiner, assertive sentences examples - Type 5
- There was no person in the house. (Not any man )
- There was no bread at the supermarket. (There was no bread )
- No gate to the shop was open .
- There is no book(s) on the desk .
- No regulations were noted in their workplace .
Assertive Sentence Examples Type 6
Fewer, fewer, more, and better
- No fewer than five pupils were present .
- I would charge no less than seventy rupees for this task .
- I am requesting no more than what they owe me .
- This novel is no better than what I finished the day before .
Assertive Sentence Examples Type 7
Nobody, no use, no matter, no one, no good, no more than .
- It's no use to expect him to be consistent .
- The kid is no good; all your useful tips will not enhance his behavior .
- You will not triumph no matter how hard you try .
- It is no more than what I should be doing .
- Nobody other than you can protect him from misfortune .
- No one was concerned about his destiny .
- Dishonest people do not succeed no matter how many tricks they play .
- Nobody stayed back with her .
Assertive Sentence Examples Type 8
a few, the least, a little, only, the same, another, much, more, many, the least
- Not many kids were in the house .
- Not more than 6 hours' aircraft took him to England .
- Not much is learned about john these times .
- Even after 6 weeks, not enough progress was made .
- Not a few of the reviewers were pleased by the novel .
- Gupta, Dutt, and last but not least, Yadav were attending the meeting .
- Not a little dip was crafted by his inspiring speech .
- He was not only a great instructor but also a great writer .
- The fact that you are heading there is not the same as his getting here .
- Rajan Chandra was the only leader/ Council to appear in an Indian meeting .
Assertive Sentence Examples Type 9
Assertive Sentences with the word "There's"
- There is not a single cloud in the atmosphere .
- In this town, there is a university .
- There are numerous kids in this lecture .
- There is no freshwater in this bore .
- In this town, there lived a wealthy guy .
- There stayed a poor person at the gate .
- There are numerous plants in this yard .
- There resided an old farmer in this community .
- There lived a monk under this canopy .
- There are several big villas in Kolkata .
- There are several big bodies of water in Kerala .
- There is no beverage in the tumbler .
- There is no fluid in the tank .
- There aren't many freshwater species in this water reservoir .
- Is there a college in your community ?
- Are there seventy lads in your school ?
- Is there a mosque in the area ?
- There are seven rivers in that area .
- In our institution, there is a bookstore .
- Was there not a single drop of rain ?
- Is there going to be a celebration tomorrow ?
- There is a station in the village .
Assertive Sentence Examples
Here are the examples of Declarative/ Assertive Sentences irrespective of their types;
- They must shift from this city soon .
- Asia has the most rapidly multiplying economy .
- We like burgers and French fries .
- There are 6 pears in the basket .
- He went to the park today .
- Streets are usually black in color .
- I waited in line for four hours because I'm such a big fan of hers .
- I like to eat Aloo chaat, Golgappe, and Papdi at wedding celebrations .
- We must move to our city early this week .
- Those suits are utilized to be ours .
- She objected initially but ultimately agreed to the project .
- They must take their raincoats since it's raining .
- If the liquid reaches 100 degrees, it boils .
- It's raining cats and dogs outside .
- My father gets up early In the morning and prepares tea for everyone .
- These are my formal suits for the occasion .
- Georgey was the first principal of the university .
- I and my brother don't meet each other any longer .
- Day after tomorrow, early evening, I will go for an evening walk .
- If you bake a cake, you must initially crack the eggs .
- I love eating Chinese and continental food .
- My new scooter is blue .
- Ginu brushes her teeth thrice a day .
- We danced and performed yesterday night .
- She doesn't learn French on Sunday .
- The kitty is running after her master .
- Her mother died when she was young .
- I can speak Chinese fluently in comparison to English .
- He loves roaming with foreigners on the weekend .
- This is an annoying musical tone that irritates me .
- Little puppy gets annoyed when there is too much noise .
- John likes to play cricket, but Sheena likes Table Tennis more in sports .
- Leena is not comfortable joining the job until she gets approval .
- He plays the piano, whereas she is a great drummer .
- I am looking forward to meeting them on the weekend .
- Aside from Mandarin, he also teaches Mathematics .
- She hugged and cuddled her kid to make her happy .
- The girl and the boy come from diverse backgrounds, so their rituals and customs are quite different from each other.
- Aleena is in love with Sheena's brother, Mathew .
- Sophie is an elegant and educated girl with good qualifications .
Thus learning the rules and concept of Assertive Sentences can help to make grammatically correct sentences.