Top 10 Engineering College In Bangalore
Engineering is a scientific area and job that helps in improving our scientific understanding of the natural world to develop, construct, and build things to solve problems and achieve practical goals. Technology is an important aspect of engineering. The modern world would not survive without technology. Almost every instant of our life is surrounded by the labor of engineers.
Engineering is organized into a wide range of specializations, including:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
There are roughly 110 engineering colleges in Bangalore that provide B.Tech programs with over 97 percent of them being private and the rest being government colleges. According to the NIRF rankings, the following are Bangalore's top ten engineering colleges
1. Ramaiah Institute of Technology
The Ramaiah Institute of Technology (RIT) in Bengaluru is affiliated with the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) in Belgaum.
- This autonomous private engineering university was founded in 1962.
- University offered postgraduate and undergraduate programs.
- VTU can freely develop its curricula and study programs for various degrees.
- Courses: Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Chemical engineering, Biotechnology, and Medical electronics.
- It also offers MCA and MTech programs in various subjects and Ph.D. and MSc research programs in numerous departments (Engineering).
2. IIIT Bangalore- International Institute of Information Technology
Bangalore's International Institute of Information Technology, is a deemed university.
- The Karnataka government and the IT industry collaborated to establish the university in 1999.
- According to the Ministry of HRD's NIRF Ranking 2019, the Institute is rated 65th among Bangalore's "Top Private Engineering Colleges."
- IIIT-B was ranked 65th out of 68 engineering schools in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
- In 2018, NIRF placed the Institute 56th out of all engineering institutes in India, with a score of 43.49.
3. Rashtriya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (RVCE)
RVCE (Rashtreeya Vidyalaya Institution of Engineering) is a Bangalore-based private technical school. It was founded in 1963 and is one of the country's first self-supporting engineering institutions. Rashtriya Sikshana Samithi Trust manages it.
- The Institute is a leading engineering institute in the country. In 2018, the College was ranked 58th, while in 2019, it was ranked 63rd in the NIRF ranking.
- The College has 14 departments, with 12 undergraduate and 21 postgraduate programs.
- The College maintains several connections with foreign universities for consultation, research, lab setup, research and development, and other objectives.
- Deeproot Linux Cognizant Technology Solutions, Bosch Rexroth, SAP India Pvt. Limited and other corporations have collaborated with the college for the placements.
- A student exchange program is offered between RVCE Bangalore and the University of Applied Science Würzburg-Schweinfurt in Bavaria, Germany.
- Students who finish a certification course at RVCE can apply to FHWS to pursue an engineering degree in the field of Mechatronics, Business and Engineering, and Logistics.
4. BMS College of Engineering
BMS College of Engineering (commonly known as BMSCE) was established in 1946 in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- The Institute currently offers 13 undergraduate and 16 postgraduate degrees in traditional and new fields.
- Five thousand students are pursuing advanced degrees in BMSCE, with 350 research scholars obtaining Ph.D. degrees.
- The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has given BMS College of Engineering an A++ grade and a CGPA of 3.83 on a scale of four.
- BMS Institution of Engineering is a private college with 18 departments that offer courses in engineering, business, science, and research.
- In the NIRF Ranking 2020, it was placed 73rd among the top Engineering colleges in the country.
5. PES University
PES University, often known as PESU, was founded in Bangalore, India, in 1972.
- Engineering, management, law, medicine, and biological sciences are among the five primary academic fields offered by the University.
- It was originally known as the PES Institute of Technology.
- PESU is a university that is based in Bangalore, India. PESU RR, PESU EC, PESU HN, and PESU Medical campus are the four campuses that make up the University.
- There is a PES Polytechnic, a PES PU College, an Amaatra Academy, and a PES Public School of PES University. PES Polytechnic provides a wide variety of Engineering Diploma programs.
- University was placed 6th in the Outlook-ICARE India University Rankings 2020.
- There are 12 departments in total, with 97 courses spread across 11 streams.
- The University offers its own set of qualifying tests for admission to various programs, including the KCET, PGCET, MAT, and CAT.
- Seats from the PESSAT and CET quotas are also available for lateral admission at PESU.
6. NHCE Bangalore- New Horizon College of Engineering
New Horizon Institution of Engineering (NHCE) is a Bangalore-based independent institution. It is associated with Visvesvaraya Technological University and was founded in 2001.
- The All-India Council for Technical Education has given its approval to the institution (AICTE).
- NAAC has granted it an 'A' rating.
- In 2020, NIRF placed the college 114th among India's "Top Engineering Colleges."
- NHCE is one of the seven institutes that make up the New Horizon Educational Institution.
- Currently, the College offers a range of engineering, management, and computer application degree programs.
- Programs available here are BE and M.Tech.
- In 2020, the College had a placement rate of 90%, with the highest CTC of Rs 32 LPA for international postings.
7. Jain Deemed to be University
Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College (SBMJC), originally known as Jain Deemed-to-be-University, was formed in 1990. It is one of Bangalore's top institutions. In 2009, the institution was designated as a 'Deemed-to-be-University.'
- The National Assessment and Accreditation Council gave it an "A."
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has authorized the University, which is a member of the Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP) and the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In 2020, NIRF placed Jain Deemed-to-be-University 85th among all universities.
- Over 600 faculty members mentor students from more than 43 nations at the Deemed-to-be University's five campuses.
- The University's academic organization is made up of eight research centers and 13 schools that provide over 30 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as a variety of PG diploma and Ph.D. programs in both traditional and online forms.
- These courses are available in engineering, management, science, the arts, accountancy and commerce, information technology and software design, and healthcare, to name a few fields.
- The Jain Entrance Exam is used to admit students to the majority of the Deemed-to-be University's programs (JET).
8. Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering (DSCE)
The Dayananda Sagar Institution of Engineering (DSCE) is a Bangalore-based private, autonomous institution that was formed in 1979. The Mahatma Gandhi Vidya Peetha Trust manages it and it is affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University.
- DSCE has been approved by both the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- It has received Grade 'A' accreditation from the National Board of Accreditation and the National Association of Accrediting Commissions.
- DSCE presently has 21 departments, each with 15 undergraduate and 13 postgraduate courses in various specializations.
- In the field of Architecture, Engineering, and Private Engineering, India Today 2020 ranked the College at 25th, 43rd, and 73rd positions respectively.
- In addition, the College has several professional societies and student groups in each of these fields, which help in reinforcing the industry-college relationship.
9. NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology (NMIT)
Meenakshi Institute of Technology (NMIT) is a Bengaluru-based institute that was established in 2001. The UGC has granted the educational institution as an autonomous body.
- NAAC accredited it with an A grade.
- Its programs are NBA-accredited and AICTE-approved.
- There are 120+ courses, 36+ institutes, and 20,543+ current students.
- Courses offered by the institute are BE, MBA, MTech, MCA, MSc, Ph.D., Diploma, and Automotive Master.
- NMIT and NSM collaborated with North Dakota State University to establish two new centers of excellence: the Centre for Systems Innovations and the Centre for Global Studies.
10. BMS Institute of Technology and Management
This Institute is associated with Belagavi's Visvesvaraya Technological University. The Government of India has recognized the BMS Institute of Technology and Management.
- The NAAC accredited the institute with an A grade in 2002.
- This Institute offers BE, MCA, Mtech, MSc, and Ph.D. programs.
- In BMSIT Bangalore, there are seven VTU-accredited research centers with 40 research scholars working on various topics.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunication Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics are just a handful of the specializations available at BMSIT.
- In the 2020-21 academic year, BMS Institute of Technology and Management offered the highest CTC of Rs 26.5 LPA.