Application of Minimum Spanning Tree
- Consider n stations are to be linked using a communication network & laying of communication links between any two stations involves a cost.
The ideal solution would be to extract a subgraph termed as minimum cost spanning tree.
- Suppose you want to construct highways or railroads spanning several cities then we can use the concept of minimum spanning trees.
- Designing Local Area Networks.
- Laying pipelines connecting offshore drilling sites, refineries and consumer markets.
- Suppose you want to apply a set of houses with
- Electric Power
- Telephone lines
- Sewage lines
To reduce cost, you can connect houses with minimum cost spanning trees.
For Example, Problem laying Telephone Wire.