MATLAB Platform & Features
- The MATLAB language is matrix-based, so to express computational mathematics, it is the most natural way to work with MATLAB.
- The platform is much optimized for solving engineering and scientific problems with the help of its computational power.
- The platform works on three main areas to focus, i.e., Mathematics, Graphics, and Programming.
- Calculations can be done with all Mathematical tools, and data can be visualized with the help of built-in Graphics.
- Rigorous Algorithms & Programming can be practiced with the help of a vast library of pre-built toolboxes. And all these things can be achieved working together.
- With the MATLAB you can work with the other languages of your choice, such as C, C++, C#, Java, FORTRAN, Python.
- You can work with large sets of data and can scale up your web, enterprise, or production systems to clusters and clouds.
As there are numerous features to describe, but here, we will focus on some of the key features:
- It is designed for numerical as well as symbolic computing.
- It's a high-level language used mainly for engineering and scientific computing.
- It works within a Desktop environment providing full features for iterative exploration, design, and problem-solving.
- Creation of custom plots for visualizing data and tools, with the help of built-in Graphics.
- Specific applications are designed to work with any particular type of problems, such as data classification, control system design and tuning, signal analysis.
- Provides several add-on toolboxes to build a wide range of engineering, scientific, and custom user interface applications.
- Provide interfaces to work with other programming languages such as C, C++, Java, .NET, Python, SQL, Hadoop.
MATLAB is currently being used by millions of engineers and scientists all over the world. It is nurturing organizations to design the systems and products of the future.