Mahek Chahal is a well-known Indian-Norwegian actress who gained popularity for participating in the controversial reality show Bigg Boss Season 5. Raspreet Kaur Chahal, the original name of Mahek, nicknamed Preeti and Mahek Chahal, was born on 1st February 1979 in Oslo, Norway. She had completed her primary education while residing in Norway. Mahek also earned her graduate certificate from the same institution in Norway. She began modeling after graduating because she had wanted to be an actress since she was young and got the Miss Movie International organization title in London while modeling.
Since she was a teenager, she has paid close attention to dancing. She has performed item numbers in several songs, including Sajna Ve Sajna in the Hindi movie Chameli (2004), Talwar Re in the Hindi movie Chhodon Naa Yaar (2007), Agre Ka Ghagra of Hindi movie Jai Veeru (2009), Mu Mu Mudhante of Telugu movie Kedi (2010), Chamki Mast Jawaani of Hindi movie Yamla Pagla Deewana (2011), Na Champa Na Chameli of Bengali movie Bikram Singha (2012), Ok Report of Punjabi movie Jatt Airways (2013), Ka Thalkattu of Kannada movie Mr. Airavata (2015), etc.
Early Work in the Years 2002-2011:
- In 2002, Mahek made her acting debut as Shalini in the Telugu film Neetho. Later, she debuted in Hindi cinema as Pooja Iyengar (a South Indian girl) in the romantic comedy Nayee Padosan, released in 2003. She performed an item song in the 2004 movie Chameli as well. The next performance by Chahal was as Lisa Kaur in the Punjabi film Dil Apna Punjabi. She performed in the 2008 Hindi movie "Wanted," playing Shaina and Tia Roberts in the movie "Main Aur Mrs. Khanna" in the supporting roles. She made numerous appearances in Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi films. In 2009, Chahal made her television debut on C.I.D.
Boom in 2011-2018
- She took part in the fifth season of Colours T.V.'s reality show Bigg Boss in 2011, when she made it through fifteen weeks and finished as the runner-up. The same year, Chahal appeared on the Norwegian reality program "Fristet." The next year, in the comedy movie "Yamla Pagla Deewana," she performed an item number. She also had a role in the 2014 film Karar: The Deal. She returned to Colours T.V.'s reality series Bigg Boss Halla Bol in 2015, when she entered as a Challenger and remained for three weeks until being eliminated by public votes. She later performed an item song in the Tamil film "Gethu" and appeared on the comedy show Comedy Nights Bachao. She appeared as a rival Manjulika in Kavach, a supernatural thriller on Colours T.V. 2016. She made an appearance in the 2018 Hindi film Nirdosh. She was supposed to play the dancer in Ek Thi Rani Ek Tha Raavan, but Sara Khan was hired instead for the short role.
Television Comeback in 2021
- She participated in the reality show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 11, where she ranked 11th. She most recently appeared on Colours T.V. as "Shesh Naagin Mahek Gujral," a villain in Ekta Kapoor's well-known supernatural thriller T.V. serial, Naagin 6. The sixth season of the well-known franchise, Naagin, was the longest-running. Chahal received a lot of praise and attention for the role of Mahek Gujral in Naagin 6. Her character was well-liked by the crowd because of her frightening Appearance and dialogue delivery, for which she won many awards, including the Indian Telly Award for Best Actress in a Popular Negative Role.
Physical Appearance for a woman who aspires to be a model or an actress is really important. Mahek is a stunning young woman from Norway whose height is 5'8" and weighs about 58 kg. Her black eyes and black hair make her look even more glamorous and add to her standing-out features.
Family Background and Affairs
Raspreet Kaur Chahal, also known as Mahek Chahal, was born to Punjabi parents and is part of a middle-class Sikh family. She has a brother named Vikramjit Chahal and one older sister named Melvina Kaur Chahal.
She once had a relationship with Danish Khan, a computer engineer and childhood friend. On the set of the Bigg Boss Season 5 grand finale, he proposed to her, and she said yes. However, they ended their relationship after two years in 2014. After three long years, she got engaged to actor and longtime friend Ashmit Patel in 2017.
Interesting Facts about Mahek Chahal
- According to reports, it is confirmed that Mahek does not smoke. However, it is not confirmed if she drinks alcohol or not.
- She has worked in diverse industries like Telugu, Hindi, Punjabi, and Bengali movies.
- Apart from fascinating acting skills, she has experience in classical dancing too and is a trained classical dancer.
- Since she was young, she strongly desired to become an actress.
- She received the title of "Miss Movie International" in 1998, allowing her to enter the Mumbai modeling industry and start her acting career.
- She appeared in Jazzy B & Sukshinder Shinda's well-known Punjabi song video in 2000.
- She has also performed as a V.J., i.e., Video Jockey for the B4U Channel.
- Her clothing brand, "Mahek Chahal Clothing," was recently introduced in Norway.
- During the Bigg Boss 5 season finale, her ex-boyfriend Danish Khan got down on one knee and gave her a ring. Danish and Mahek were childhood friends and had a relationship for about 4 years. He is a computer engineer. Mahek and Danish studied in Norway together in their younger days. Although Mahek agreed to his proposal, they broke up in 2014.
- She desires to reach Mount Everest once in her lifetime.
|Raspreet Kaur Chahal
|Preeti and Mahek
|Date of Birth
|Age (as of 2023)
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Norwegian-medium School, Norway
Kishore Namit's Acting School, Mumbai
|Actress and Model
|First runner-up as a participant in the television show Big Boss season 5
|Dancing, Modelling, Designing Garments, Blogging her thoughts, exercising
|Physical Status and Appearance
|In Centimeters-173 cm
In Meters-1.73 m
In Feet and Inches-5'8"
|In Kilograms-58 kg
In Pounds-127 lbs
|Bust Size-34 inches
Waist Size-27 inches
Hip Size-35 inches
|Relationships and Affairs
Ashmit Patel (Actor)
|Ashmit Patel (Actor)
|Bollywood Movie: Nayee Padosan (2003)
T.V.: C.I.D. (2009)
|Approximately from 10 crores to 15 crores
|Anthony Hopkins, Shahrukh Khan
|Spicy Indian Food