How to split screen on Android
Have you ever tried to use two apps at the same time on your Android smartphone screen? Most of the new Android smartphones from several manufacturers offer this feature. You can run two apps at the same screen in a split mode. Executing apps in split mode allow performing two different activities simultaneously, such as watching videos in one and scanning Twitter on another or copy and paste text from one app to another.
But, running two apps at the same time on split mode can drain the device battery faster than usual. However, some of the apps don't run on split mode such as a game; they require a full screen to function.
How to use split-screen mode on Android
To split-screen and run two apps on Android device, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. From the device home screen, click on the Recent Apps button present at the bottom left corner in three vertical lines in square shape.
2. In the Recent Apps, find your app which you want to open in split-screen. Long-press that app to open the menu. Once the menu gets opened, click on "Open in split screen view".
3. The app which you selected will appear at the top of the screen as a black bar.
4. Now, click on another app that you want to open in split-screen, it will appear at the bottom of the screen.
5. Both apps are now opened in split mode, and you can switch between these two apps whenever you want. Each app is separated by a black bar.
How to hide or exit split-screen mode on Android
If you want to hide both apps temporarily, just click on the home button. Clicking on the home button will push the split screen on the top of the screen. Still, you will able to see a small part of the top app and black bar. When you drag this black bar down, both of the apps bring back to view.
If you want to exit from split-screen mode, tap on the Recent Apps button (which appears in two rectangles) until the top app once again occupies the full screen.
JavaTpoint offers too many high quality services. Mail us on h[email protected], to get more information about given services.
JavaTpoint offers college campus training on Core Java, Advance Java, .Net, Android, Hadoop, PHP, Web Technology and Python. Please mail your requirement at [email protected].
Duration: 1 week to 2 week