How to Update Android?
Now a day, the Android operating system has been updating continuously. Every new update provides a unique user-interface and functionality. Google officially released the Android latest version on September 3, 2019, under the codename Android 10 (Android Q).
To keep your Android device in a most updated version, download the latest available Android operating system to your phone. However, there are also several other methods available to update Android.
Advantage of update Android to the latest version (Android 10)
However, updating an Android operating system is quite complicated. Before updating the Android operating system, it is advisable to back up your all-important data to your computer to prevent any mishappening to your data.
Steps to update Android
1. Connect your device to Wi-Fi: Make sure that your Android device is connected to Wi-Fi or 3G or 4G network to complete the updating process uninterrupted.
2. Open phone settings: Now tap on your phone "Settings" to open the device settings screen.
3. Select About phone option: In the settings screen, find the "About phone" option and tap it.
4. Check for updates: In the "About phone" screen, you will find a "Check now for update" option. If an update is available for your device, an update will display. Tap on it.
5. Install: On the basis of the phone's operating system, you will see an Install Now, Install System Software, or Reboot and install to update your phone.
Instead of the above updating steps, there are also other effective alternative ways to update the Android version. These are the following:
Upgrade Android version with the OTA updates
Commonly, Android device receives a notification from over-the-air (OTA) if an Android 10 update is available for your phone. Open the notification which you received and click the update action. It will upgrade your Android operating system to the latest version. If, for any reason, the notification is cleared from your device, you need to update your Android version manually. To update your Android version manually, follow the below steps:
Upgrade Android version with the upgrade package
Normally, the official website of Android device manufacturers provides some update files for users to download and update the Android version. This update files are available in the download section of your Android phone's official website. From there, you can download the latest upgrade package that suits your phone's brand model. When the download finish, store it in your phone's SD card.
To update your Android operating system, go to Settings > About phone > System update. Here, your phones show the available downloaded package. Now, tap on Continue button to download and install the package. After rebooting, your phone will automatically update to the latest Android operating system.
Upgrade Android version with rooting device
Rooting is a powerful method to update the Android operating system. When you try to root your Android phone, it enables you to access the super administrator permissions on several Android subsystems. It offers you to update the Android version smoothly. To root your Android phone, follow the below instructions: